Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live support issue.

Options
  • 29-10-2011 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'm posting this before I give microsoft a ring tomorrow to see if anyone else has had this issue.

I rung microsoft 2 weeks ago asking them to remove my credit card from the system( I managed to get 4 months for €4 at the beginning of the summer) after forgetting I'd start getting charged the €6.99 rate. Spoke to a very helpful chap, Derek I think who explained what he was doing and how long it would take.

This was fine until he mentioned my account needed to be billed, for what I'm assuming was the next month of the subscription, I said OK though was abit confused as I'm pretty sure I saw a debit quite recently from them.

I checked my account and sure enough there was a transaction from Xbox 4 days before, The next day another payment went out.

In my email I've got the following:
    "This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to Gold – 1 Month. This renewal goes into effect on 16 September 2011. Please retain a copy of this for your records. Here is a description of the service:"

Payments on my account are the following:
    17 Oct
    MICROSOFT *XBOX
    1 800 509 186
    EUR 6.99 @ 1.1112

12 Oct
    MICROSOFT *XBOX
    1 800 509 186
    EUR 6.99 @ 1.1166

These seem to be the only 2 payments so In theory I should have a gold account till November 16th? But It's already cancelled...

Could anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I work for Xbox support. Straight answer is that I can't tell you for certain what has happened and I recommend a phone call so someone can check your billing information.

If I had to guess I would say that the charge on the 12th was for the month between the 16th of September and the 16th of October. The charge on the 17th is for the month between the 16th of October and the 16th of November.

As the rep told you, this charge had already been set to the account and he would have had to process it early so he could remove your card.

Although if he had removed your card then he would have to cancel your sub. So as I said above I can't be sure so best bet is to call support and get them to double check your info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Orim wrote: »
    I work for Xbox support. Straight answer is that I can't tell you for certain what has happened and I recommend a phone call so someone can check your billing information.

If I had to guess I would say that the charge on the 12th was for the month between the 16th of September and the 16th of October. The charge on the 17th is for the month between the 16th of October and the 16th of November.

As the rep told you, this charge had already been set to the account and he would have had to process it early so he could remove your card.

Although if he had removed your card then he would have to cancel your sub. So as I said above I can't be sure so best bet is to call support and get them to double check your info.

Cheers! I rang support earlier explained what was happening, The fella said It's because I removed my card instead of canceling auto-renew, I said It was unfair I wasn't told I'd be paying €6.99 for 9 hours of XBL so asked If I could speak to someone who could offer me a one month code or a refund.

He went away and spoke to a colleague refunded me €6.99 so I could buy a month sub and then rang me back and removed the auto-renew once I completed the order, Very happy with the support :)

Advertisement