Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Connect + Blackberry?

Options
  • 29-10-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everyone :D

Does anyone know how to sync ucd connect and bberry curve so that the emails will go to the phone? There are instructions on the UCD IT page but thats only for vodafone people for some reason and I'm meteor :/

cheers..!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

Haven't got a clue! I would say go in to the IT people they should sort it out for ya

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Hi everyone :D

Does anyone know how to sync ucd connect and bberry curve so that the emails will go to the phone? There are instructions on the UCD IT page but thats only for vodafone people for some reason and I'm meteor :/

cheers..!

That's for BES/Enterprise users. You should at least be able to set it up as an IMAP account.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

I have all my UCD emails forwarded to my own Gmail account, and Gmail is easy to configure with Blackberry. Not an ideal solution but it works for me!

It gets a little confusing though when people email your UCD address and you reply to them from a Gmail address but as I said it works for me as I mainly use Gmail account.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

I don't know what network you are with, but for me on O2 I went to www.o2mail.ie and added a new account. The type set to Gmail.

It should automatically pull in the calendar and email when you set the IMAP server as imap.gmail.com - make sure to tick the sync box for email calendar and deleted items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chemgirl

Hey I have a curve on blackberry and I was able to set it up just there. All you need to do is change your password for your email by doing this:
    Set a password in Google via UCD Connect. Click on the mail icon in Connect, click on your email address at the top right of the page > Account Settings > Changing your password
    Then go onto your blackberry and set up the email (it guides you through how to do it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Inspired171

Thanks so much for all replies! Chemgirl you're a star ;) thanks a million!

Advertisement