Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rough cost to get a brick shed instead of old wooden one?

Options
  • 29-10-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, i have an old wooden shed down the back of the garden and its not in great shape.. Im wondering for a rough cost of getting a brickie to build me a brick shed ,rough size 4mtrs x 6mtrs, dont mind what type of roof is on it, which would be the cheapest?? Also,might as well put some sockets and a light in it too..

any help with prices and or good tradesmen will be most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I'm sure there are people holding back who want to explode out and shout at you about giving more detail and asking you where the power is being taken from for the few sockets at the end of the garden.

Anyway I'm feeling well ;) so I'm going to say a shed that size with concrete floor, cavity wall and slate roof will cost in the region of €9,000 without any sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Id say from expierence 9300 with all electrical points and seperate fuse board.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Johny 8 wrote: »
    Id say from expierence 9300 with all electrical points and seperate fuse board.
    Hi Hawkelady
    Why not go for 1 of the new steel sheds, they come with everything fitted and very little disturbance to the back garden.
    I'm not sure of the price but my brother in law got 1 fitted a few years back and it's not bad for the money around €4 k.
    Steeltech is 1 company you could google.

Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭about2build

is that plastered and with slate roof PUT and how many windows??? Just to flesh things out a bit:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

is that plastered and with slate roof PUT and how many windows??? Just to flesh things out a bit:D
    Specifics Bob, we don't got them......:p

As atated above that is a very rough guide price which will not be elabourated upon.

If a price is required for a specific size, type and specification of shed with a specific finish and % galzing, then say so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭about2build

True enough PUT...the devil is in the details :pac:

Advertisement