Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas presents for 3 month old??

Options
  • 29-10-2011 11:11pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's another christmas present thread (sorry!). I'm wondering what to get my son for a present, he'll be 3 months old at Christmas. He's already got one of those swing chairs and my plan had been to get him one of those play gym mats that you lie them on and the toys hang over their heads. Unfortunately my BIL just dropped one up the other night so that idea's out the window. My other idea was one of those musical sound and light things that projects onto the ceiling, but he was given one of those too! Everything I look at seems to be for 6 months plus! Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi,
    you could get him a cot mobile, or some of the toys that hang from the pram as he will enjoy looking at this type of thing now. Or a gloworm-my son has this and he loves it. Its a little teddy that basically lights up and glows. Also other things that my son started to get interested in at this age were the fabric storybooks, they have big pictures and the pages have crinkley paper inside them so he loves to grab them and squeeze them as they make noise. You could also get him some teething products like the bunch of baby keys that have teething rings on them or the teddys thats ears and hands etc are plastic for the baby to bite.
    Oh and the little toy mobile phones are good too and the one i have is for 3 months +.

Another few ideas for presents would be:
    door bouncer
    cushion car seat
    walker
    bouncer
    YOur baby would be too young for these at 3months but by 4 ish months he would prob be ok (my son is anyway)

They are just some ideas because my son is 4.5 months old now and in the last month or so he has started to show interest in these type of things!
    Congratulations on your new baby by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Do you really need to splash out on a load of expensive presents for a three month old? He won't have a clue its Christmas and will probably get loads of presents from friends and relatives. You'll have plenty of years ahead when you'll be obliged to make a big thing of the Christmas present.

I made my son a mobile for his first Christmas- it cost nothing. I will have a four month old this Christmas and have to do him a stocking to appease the other kids' sense of fairness but I'm just going to fill it with mostly practical things that we need like facecloths and clothing, and maybe a small toy like a fabric ball or a wooden rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

This is going to sound really scabby, but is there really a need for you to buy anything? For my wee man's 1st Christmas, we got tonnes of presents, from clothes to toys and everything in between. If I had bought something in advance, I'd probably have had to return it, because someone else would have already bought it. I did pick up a few practical things after Christmas in the sales however.

As Rosy Posy said, he's not going to know anyway, so if you are going to get him something, get something practical like a new sleeping bag or something. A framed picture of the family or with Santa is always a nice thing to have as well.

I agree, while there isn't really a 'need' to get presents , it is the first xmas with a new baby and i understand the desire to mark the occasion with some nice gifts. Its exciting for us new mums! Granted, the babies wot really know what's going on nor will they remember but its still nice to get some gifts. Personally i won't be going mad, just getting a few things i wanted to get for him anyway! If i already had other kids id prob feel the same as you both but not with the first!

That's my two cents anyway!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Well I'm not planning to go nuts but I'd like to get him one thing for 'santa' to bring him. He'll have a stocking but that's going to have a teething ring or two, and a few pairs of little socks and new soothers. For the present I've settled on this:

91fpcwytjklaa1500.jpg

He's starting to kick loads lately so I reckon he'd enjoy this, and it can be converted to a sitting position for when he's able to sit up.

• Advertisement

Toots thats a brilliant choice. My little fella loves kicking everything too and i would have loved to get him this but he already has a play gym which is prety much the same as this but without the foot thing so there was no point:(wish id seen ir first. Enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Hi Toots. I just wondering what brand that playmat is. Looks like something my daughter would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

Looks like the right job Toots! I know what im getting my son now :) thanks

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hey guys, it's called a Fisher Price Discover N Grow Kick & Play Piano.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I was given a gift of a fab playmat, but I really love the piano one! My little man must be about the same age as yours Toots- will be 14 weeks at Christmas.
    I was thinking of the "my first car" that's been advertised in Smyths, it's for 6+ months as far as I know, but he'll probably be using it by Feb.
    Going to get little teether things and those crinkly page books for his stocking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement