Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird..

Options
  • 30-10-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

hi ya

just wondering if anyone has ever thought about something and then it comes true?

its just the other night i was in bed and i wasnt asleep and i started thinking about a friends dad, i dont know why he popped into my head but i just had a feeling he was ill.
    the next day i bumped into a member of his family unexpectedly and he immediately told me his dad was sick and in hospital with a serious condition.
    i got such a shock.. just wondering why i would have thought such a thing about someone i havent seen in a couple of years.
    i have often thought about things before, only minor things though and they came true but nothing as serious as this time..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

ya this has happened to me a few times actually.its quite weird when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it happens alright

strangely enough Jimmy Saville popped into my head the other day for no reason and now..lo & behold

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

It's weird when this happens! One Saturday my dad was gardening and this fella he knew from years back suddenly popped into his head. The next day my grandad goes- 'remember Peter H, he died yesterday'.

I've never had it, but I do feel a text message coming just before it comes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Peter h is dead?
    Only joking, but on the phone thing, that happens to me regularly with calls and texts but i put it down to subconsciously picking up signals as they're beamed into phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

It might be the result of our concern for them hiding somewhere in our brain that such precognitions comes to our mind when it happens...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

During the course of a day hundreds of random thoughts pop into your head about people and places.

Most of these get disguarded after an a short period of time..

However, if you have a random thought about a person and very soon after something happens involving them in the real world, then it will feel like a precognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

To me it looks like a matter of perception one keeps and acceptability of things a person face in his life. You can consider a half filled glass of water half empty or half filled. The choice lies with you.

Advertisement