If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED TV.....decisions?

Options
  • 30-10-2011 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Looking for a LED TV, around 46 - 50inch, picture quality and sound to be primary concerns.

Went to a few shops and seen Samsung UE45D7000 (800Hz) and philips 46pfl9705 (400Hz 0.5m/s refresh). Also seen the samsung 8000 range but doesnt seem to have much more than the 7000 model.

Could see alot of dots on the LED's that where on display in the shops (all showing the same movie), is this normal? what causes this?

What would you recommend? do you have any good offers on LED TV's??

Thanks,
    Conkee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Conkee

From the Philips stable I can recommend the new 47PFL7606H
    This is aLED Edge Lit LCD TV
    with ....
    400Hz Perfect Motion Rate
    2ms response Time
    Smart Net TV (wired but can be wireless with optional PTA01 dongle)
    Passive 3D Ready (with 2 sets of glasses)
    500,000:1 Contrast ratio
    Pixel Precise HD Image Processing Engine
    2x 12Watt speaker system
    Plenty of connections to keep you going and a great Tv for tweakers to get the best out of it as well.

Its an excellent TV all round great image and pretty respectable on set sound - I'd recommend adding a surround system to ANY TV this size to get the absolute best from films on DVD and Blu-ray.

Have a look at its full spec's here

This TV sells instore for €1299.99 but i'll pm you a Boardies Special Price as a tempter on it.

I'm not sure what you are refering towhen you mention that you saw lots of dots on the display models - it could well that the way they have set up their image distribution system - this may be causing issues - I've seen PLENTY of shop out there that use Composite connections to run their TV's, this doesnt really do the TV's justice:(

The Philips 46PFL9705H is a now finished line and a replacement is due pretty soon.

Call on in and check out our TV's - we'll happily give you a demo.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pjogorman

Ash,
    Would be great to get can boardy price on this... let me know what you can do...

Thanks

Hi Pjogorman

pm on the way

have a good one
    atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

hi guys i am in the market for a 42in tv, not bothered if it is lcd or plazma, price is most important.

Hi Flutered

Guess you better give me your budget and I'll see what I have that will suit you.:)
    Anything you'd like feature wise in your new TV??

Have a look on our website here - this will give you an idea of what we have available.

If you see anything here that takes your fancy let me know and I'll see about doing a Boardies Special Price for you

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 pjogorman

Ash,

Any update on the TV?

Sent you a pm..

Regards
    Patrick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.