Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Models up Kili

Options
  • 30-10-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

I'll be following this one, four Irish models climbing Kilimanjaro. Apparently Georgia Salpa has pulled out, the prospect of the twin peaks of Uhuru and Mawenzi too much for her :)

Comments

When did it become obligatory for everyone in the world to climb Kilimanjaro for every single charity?

I am staying away from Kilimanjaro for charity. Not sure anyone has thought of this before. I'm kinda doing it for myself too, this means I will avoid Chris Moyles and every C list celebrity on these islands who must be forming a queue to get up and down at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I heard they usually bring the celebs up Rongai route as its the easiest way to get up there. For me I'm not so sure its the best route for acclimatisation and therefore success...

I'll be going up the Macheme route in Feb and I'm doing it for the challenge and not for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Machame route is good, \i did it over 6 days, good for acclimatisation. I wrote about it here if you're interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Hugh_C wrote: »
    Machame route is good, \i did it over 6 days, good for acclimatisation. I wrote about it here if you're interested..
    Thanks for posting the blog, well done for getting up there. I'm actually going with AA aswell. They were recommended to me. The fact that their trek is 7 days made it a very easy decision...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gnaremoob

Excellent blog Hugh, really enjoyed reading about it. Hoping to do it this year, either September or January.....I'm all the more inspired after reading that!! Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement