Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What day is accepted as payday

Options
  • 30-10-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

What day is considered acceptable when employees are paid weekly or every 2 weeks? Would it be the next working day after the period of employment or the friday say? I query it as obviously time is needed to work out payroll etc. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm not sure if there is any legislation on an exact date and in my experience it has really differed between jobs.

In all jobs though I knew before I started when pay day was.

I worked two jobs were I was payed weekly, one place Friday evening was pay day where we got payed for that week. The other I submitted timeslips and so was payed the following Thursday from the week I worked.

Where I was payed biweekly it was the following Wednesday when the money was lodged to my account.

Where I was paid monthly it's usually been a specific day e.g. the 22nd of every month when the money was lodged to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

It depends on what the employment contract says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

That helps, thanks

Advertisement