Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC error message 800 40 154

• 30-10-2011 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My cyber-link power DVD 11 ultra wont access my storage device/blu ray player?

Hi i used it last night and tried it this morning but no luck Ive tried allot of blu rays tried a system restore,uninstalled then reinstalled power DVD 11 ultra but no luck,Ive got 2 internal blu players on my PC and both get the same message " cannot access storage device error 800 40 154." power DVD is running correctly but it just reads the disc then the error message comes up also the region code choice flashes up totally stressed me out any ideas PLEASE :mad:
    I'm using windows 7 home premium

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You may need to set yourDVD Drives Region to 2, look here for instructions how to do it.
    If the disc your trying to play is region 1, well then it won't work if Region 2 is set, and unless you used a hacked firmware the region can only be changed a couple of times,

Hope this helps!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spaceinvader6

thanks for the reply but its not a region issue im a film nut so know all about the regions its been working for over 6 months properly problem started when i did a system restore.
    Its something in the registry the disc is sending the signal to play but power dvd is not accesssing the drive or the signal is blocked they are not communicating how they should.
    Ive tried system restore for different dates with no luck,uninstalled and then reinstalled power dvd but still get same message.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

thanks for the reply but its not a region issue im a film nut so know all about the regions its been working for over 6 months properly problem started when i did a system restore.
    Its something in the registry the disc is sending the signal to play but power dvd is not accesssing the drive or the signal is blocked they are not communicating how they should.
    Ive tried system restore for different dates with no luck,uninstalled and then reinstalled power dvd but still get same message.

Are you trying to use Blu Ray or a DVD? Blu Ray uses a thing called HDCP and if your monitor or video card arn't supported you may have issues. Another thing to try is updating your video card drivers! You never know!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spaceinvader6

Ive got a ATI radeon 5970 graphics card ,12 GB Corsair of DDR3 ram i960 CPU all the drivers are upto date and my monitor is a 23 inch full HD.
    ITs a software/registry issue not a hardware issue.
    Maybe pc tools Registry Mechanic will solve the problem.

Advertisement