Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller lag on PS3 Battlefield 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I knew it seemed off. I thought it was the sensitivity as I had it up to max. The beta seemed ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I've been experiencing terrible lag tbh..

I would be running to turn a corner and next thing I'm back where I was 3 seconds ago trying to run through a wall.. very frustrating!

Tried it and it does make it much better, the game looks worse thou. I was playing it Friday night and turned it off after an hour because the controls felt ****. I was getting worried it was just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm giving it a break until it gets patched.
    It's frustrating the life out of me the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

I thought MW2 had the old problem of empty a mag into someone and still die....lag has something to do with it.

I too have experienced the end up back where I am bug....teething problems goes with every game I suppose....they don't really know what the demands of the system until the game is out there in numbers.

• Advertisement

Just had a quick go on the 576p and it does make a fair difference,I can actually aim at people :)
    That's a serious flaw to release a game with.

It looks absolutely terrible on the lower resolution and it's very hard to see an enemy against certain backgrounds,hopefully they can sort this out very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Not sure if this lag but, there is no subtlety when I use a sniper rifle especially when I use the right stick

It's extremely annoying when you have some one in your sights need to move a mm to the lift/right and you can't

I've played around with the sensitivity doesn't make a difference

Change to 576 and you'll have no problem. I'm going to wait myself until the patch as its too frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I am not sure if it is in my head or not but I played much better last night and felt the aiming was easier. Before today I was regular mid-table with negative k/d, yesterday I was top 3 with k/d of 1.5/1.

Coincidence or aiming improved? I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Jet Black wrote: »
    Change to 576 and you'll have no problem. I'm going to wait myself until the patch as its too frustrating.

Cheers, think I'll wait for the patch to be released, heard it was out last night in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mozattack wrote: »
    I am not sure if it is in my head or not but I played much better last night and felt the aiming was easier. Before today I was regular mid-table with negative k/d, yesterday I was top 3 with k/d of 1.5/1.

Coincidence or aiming improved? I dunno.

Small point but it's possible to get a negative kill death spread but kill/death is all ways positive.

Varik wrote: »
    Small point but it's possible to get a negative kill death spread but kill/death is all ways positive.

Dont understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Dont understand.

Kill divided by death will always be positive (or zero, or infinity), just not necessarily greater than 1. If you have 1 kill and 10 deaths, you'd have a k/d of 0.1 which is still positive. But we get what you mean, you normally had more deaths than kills, as in (kills - deaths) < 0.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Dont understand.

Kill divided by death will always be positive (or zero, or infinity), just not necessarily greater than 1. If you have 1 kill and 10 deaths, you'd have a k/d of 0.1 which is still positive. But we get what you mean, you normally had more deaths than kills, as in (kills - deaths) < 0.
    Less than 1.0 is regarded as a negative k/d in the case of fps's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Less than 1.0 is regarded as a negative k/d in the case of fps's.

I know yeah. I was just explaining Varik's point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

So does anyone know if this has been fixed yet? I'd like to switch my ps3 back to 1080p

So has there been a patch yet???ive just got back from a week away and I switched it on expecting a patch and nothing........ although someone could have been playing it during that time.

Do I still have to play in crappy resolution???

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I played yesterday and there was no patch pre-game ... though I have the psn version on my hard drive, so dunno if patches work the same way in those cases.

Hygro wrote: »
    I played yesterday and there was no patch pre-game ... though I have the psn version on my hard drive, so dunno if patches work the same way in those cases.
    I was under the impression a patch was being released last fri/sat according to some Internet sources,it's really poor form to be leaving it so long.

I actually turned it straight off when I seen there was no update,really can't be bothered playing in low resolution.
    Picked up MW3 to keep me going until its fixed,while it looks great in 1080p first impressions of multiplayer were not great,maybe I just need to get back into it since its been so long since I played a COD game.

Anyway I wish they would hurry the **** up with this patch.

• Advertisement

Sooooooo!!........,,,, any chance we could get a ****ing patch please??

Patch released and not a mention of input lag,very bad form if it has not been addressed.

http://m.digitalspy.ie/gaming/news/a353712/battlefield-3-patch-released-for-ps3.html

Just tried it now,input lag still as bad as ever,****ing joke.
    I actually can't believe it's 1 month on and it still hasn't been sorted,I'm starting to think they are incapable of fixing it.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Patch released and not a mention of input lag,very bad form if it has not been addressed.

http://m.digitalspy.ie/gaming/news/a353712/battlefield-3-patch-released-for-ps3.html

Just tried it now,input lag still as bad as ever,****ing joke.
    I actually can't believe it's 1 month on and it still hasn't been sorted,I'm starting to think they are incapable of fixing it.

Still not sorted? It's a pain playing at 576p the whole time. I was thinking they might not be able to fix it either otherwise they'd have done it by now.

Releasing a game that's pretty much unplayable at HD is beyond a joke

Still not sorted? It's a pain playing at 576p the whole time. I was thinking they might not be able to fix it either otherwise they'd have done it by now.

Releasing a game that's pretty much unplayable at HD is beyond a joke
    I think they messed this game up big time on ps3,they failed to acknowledge that there was even an issue with input lag for ages,people were asking about it on twitter and they just ignored it and answered all the other questions until they got so swamped by complaints they had to acknowledge it.

What I don't understand is how they can't get it back to what the beta was like,if it was that simple it would have been done by now which leads me to believe its ****ed and won't be fixed.
    Their twitter is being bombarded at the moment with pissed off gamers looking for an answer,apparently the voice comms have not been patched either....,,

Nearly 2 months now :(

I think it is fixed no? Seems okay to me and I was one who was complaining when it first came out.

I think it is fixed no? Seems okay to me and I was one who was complaining when it first came out.
    No,it's never been addressed in a patch.
    You must have just got used to it :)
    I still can't hit anything on the higher resolution,it's grand(not perfect)when I drop it back down to 576p

Bump.
    Decided to give the game another crack today after hearing someone say their aiming has improved after the latest patch.
    There is some improvement but there is still noticeable input lag.

Dice say they are still working on it :rolleyes:
    It's 6 f**king months down the line and it's still not sorted,unbelievable really.

Does anybody else on here still have this issue?
    It seems to work alright now for some but not others.

Yeah it's still there, only option for me is to play at 576p

• Advertisement

Yeah it's still there, only option for me is to play at 576p
    It's a bit of a disgrace really,it is a bit more playable since the last update but not enough that you will do anyway well.
    6 months,wtf like??

Advertisement