Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of ordering from hardwareversand.de, need some advice

Options
  • 30-10-2011 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

I went through the PC configurator but I don't want to order a graphics card from them. When I was in their graphics card listings I didn't see the option for a GTX 580, so I figured they don't have them. I'd order the GTX 580 from elsewhere.

But when I get to the end of the configurator I am informed that I have no graphics card selected. That is OK, but I can't go ahead without choosing a graphics card. The cheapest one is €125! Is there any way to get past this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

HovaBaby wrote: »
    I went through the PC configurator but I don't want to order a graphics card from them. When I was in their graphics card listings I didn't see the option for a GTX 580, so I figured they don't have them. I'd order the GTX 580 from elsewhere.

But when I get to the end of the configurator I am informed that I have no graphics card selected. That is OK, but I can't go ahead without choosing a graphics card. The cheapest one is €125! Is there any way to get past this?

Well I'm ordering my build tomorrow from HWVS and didn't use the pc configurator I just went and found each part and put it in my basket and it was fine .
    But I did have all the parts there .
    I'd suggest trying it without the configurator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Add all the parts to the basket. Then add the following to the basket.
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=746

They'll build it then. Just be aware that sometimes they won't install heatsinks or graphics cards if they're likely to cause damage in transport.

Edit: Are you going ahead with a new build then rather than upgrading your current machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

Yes, my OH is too nervous about me installing a new PSU, I sometimes leave my computer unattended when I go to bed at night to downloaded Blu-Ray movies I buy online, which are like 50GB big.

She would be too worried, so I decided to make a new build from scratch.

Hmm... I'm not sure how that would be a problem unless it was a crappy PSU that went on fire.

Anyhow, make sure you post up what you were thinking of ordering in your thread anyway.
    A 580 is more powerful than most people need and not great value - what is the resolution of your monitor by the way?

It is 1080p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It is 1080p.
    If your only playing in 1080p I'd suggest going for a 6970/570 because the money you pay for a 580 you don't get that much difference for the price ...
    Just my 2 cents..........

What warrenties down the website have? Also, would they be voided if you opened the computer casing and went at the motherboard?

The warranties would be the same as if they didn't build it.
    If there's a problem early on, you'd send it back to them. If it's a longer term problem, you'd have to find out the part causing the problem and send it back to that manufacturer. Hard drives and PSUs are often 3 years. 5+ for higher end. Motherboards are usually a bit less - 1 or 2 years. GPUs depend on the brand that you buy and I'm not sure about CPUs as these very rarely need replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

Some things to bear in mind, when you order you have to arrange a money transfer. If you are not willing to pay €25 to rush it, it will take at least 3 days to complete. hardwareversand use budget delivery too so it will take 7-10 days for your order to reach the country from Germany. As a result of all these delays you are looking at at least two weeks before you get your stuff, which in this day and age is a little long.

Would they install the graphics card before sending out the comp? I heard they mightn't do that in case of accident, but what are the chances of the GPU being damaged in transit?

• Advertisement

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

bump
    They probably won't install it, as the 580 is a hefty card. It would be quite a risk to expect it to last through all the vibrations and bumps on the journey between Germany and you.

Advertisement