Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Business* Achieving the A1*

• 30-10-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Copied this idea off the French and Economics one, but anyway! :p..

So i'm doing Business for the Leaving this year, i'm fairly good at it and have a good teacher. I achieve A's in all my tests and would really love to get the A1 in June. So this thread is basically somewhere to post what you think are the most important pieces of information etc. to achieving the grade. I know for Business you can't leave anything out so i'm trying to get as much done as possible before the mocks.

For our "Pre-mocks" last week we had Unit 4 (Finance, Insurance, Tax, HRM, Ratio Analysis and Managing Change), and I feel I did very well in this particular test.

Does anyone else think Ratio Analysis and TQM/Managing Change are safe topics to come up this year?.

Any advice you can think of, students past and present feel free to post here!. This will hopefully be a great resource for Business students for Leaving Cert!.

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We only just finished the course last week so I dont have much knowledge of what might come up, and this will probably be a no brainer for most of you guys, but studying units 4/5/6 inside out could potentially get you 355/400 marks, 5 away from an A1!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

For every question that you do, be it short questions, ABQ or long questions, the answer should be in the following format: state, explain and example. In the short questions and the long questions, the example is generic, whereas in the ABQ, the example must come from the piece i.e applying your knowledge to the case study.

Whatever units are there for the ABQ - learn them inside out!

In the exam, time your questions carefully. For the pres, what you should be focusing on is doing the questions within the time limit. Work out a time per question based on the number of marks per question, I'll post one if I can find the one I had, and stick to it. Business is one of those subjects that you will be under pressure with writing wise, so you need to stick rigidly to the timing.

thats all I have off the top of my head, been a few years since I did it though, so if I think of something more, I'll post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

There's very little chance of getting an A1. It's dropped from 9% in 2004, to 2% last year. She's made the most ridiculously tricky questions

Advertisement