Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescuing a Pasta Bake

Options
  • 30-10-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just made a Veg Pasta Bake. The recipe was this one:

http://www.beyondbakedbeans.com/articles/20070813_4

However, now that I've made it it seems to be too short of sauce. IT looks like a big dryish dish of pasta with vegs. I thought Pasta bakes were meant to have a thick sauce and thin crispy top layer from the cheese.

How can I rescue this dish? It seems every time I cook a recipe it turns out a disaster :(. My veg pie was bland and tasteless and this one looks to be equally disasterous :(

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Make a simple tomato sauce with another tin of tomatoes. Cook them with a little garlic until they have reduced. Maybe spoon it over the pasta bake when you plate it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TBH - that recipe doesn't look great, or if it has enough liquid in it. Pasta bakes soak up sauce, so you need plenty to start.

Check out some Irish food bloggers - particularly I Can Has Cook?. SHe has featured some easy to make recipes lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

trackguy - thanks, I'll try that.

dudara - yes, I've just realised that :(

Advertisement