Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing a small patch of forest

• 30-10-2011 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Have a small patch of forest to one side of the garden and I want to start clearing it out. Its a pine forest with a few old elders there and the odd sycamore (mostly young and thin).

I've been out with the bush man knockin lumps off the felled branches and trees for the fire and the small bits that are left over, long skinny twig type branches are beginning to pile up.

Other than getting a mulcher and hurling the lot into it is there anything else to be done with em ? I burnt a lot of similar ones at the start of the year (and threw the good ones into the forest for firing ) while we were doing the garden but as the grass is up and its lookin good I cant drag em out and burn em and dont want to go to much expense but dont want to leave the forest cluttered with these things either.

Advertisement