Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 UPC net connections in same apartment?

• 30-10-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im moving out, I want to bring my UPC contract with me. The new place already has a guy with UPC and channels. Can I have 2 UPC connections in one apartment?

I rang UPC and they said they don't think so, I then spoke to a lady in the account cancelation department and she said it WAS possible.

I'm wondering did she just say that to prolong my contract or is it actually possible? I don't want to share internet, I specifically want my own connection. Anyone know if this is do-able?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

As far as I know it's possible since you (your account) is identified by your modem's serial number when it connects to UPC, therefore they can just send you a bill and still be able to monitor your usage speed and so on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Possibly, it may confuse their billing system and it will certainly confuse their low brow sales staff so I would consider paying for broadband in a neighbouring flat and bringing it across on wireless or Cat6 instead

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks folks :) Ah I don't mind confusing them 2 much, as long as I get to download and game at the same time without listening to flat m8 complaints ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

-Vega- wrote: »
    Thanks folks :) Ah I don't mind confusing them 2 much, as long as I get to download and game at the same time without listening to flat m8 complaints ! :p

THAT'S THE SPIRIT! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Maybe they could do the address like FlatName 6a for you and FlatName 6b for your flatmate?

considering they have multiple connections in apartment complexes, it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be able to get another connection into the same flat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement