Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson head office email.

Options
  • 30-10-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I posted this in the phone forum but I am also trying here in hope :D

Does anyone have a contact email for Sony Ericssons head office ?

They told me to send my faulty bluetooth to Fonfix in Dublin to be repaired under warranty. 5 weeks later Fonfix sent it back unrepaired. Apparently my proof of purchase didn't have a VAT number - it does & no one thought to phone or email me to check !

Now they want me to send it back - so €12 of postage & probably 10 weeks to repair a €40 item under warranty :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

From the Sony Ericsson website - http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/contact?cc=gb&lc=en

Or phone them - http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist#Europe

Interesting how going to the Sony Ericsson website helped. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Paulw wrote: »
    From the Sony Ericsson website - http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/contact?cc=gb&lc=en

Or phone them - http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist#Europe

Interesting how going to the Sony Ericsson website helped. :rolleyes:

Funny how people reply without reading the thread :rolleyes: That link is for customer service not head office. Btw way phoning them is as useless as emailing - I know because I tried.

They don't have any base in Ireland, only their UK office. Best bet would be to phone the UK number and ask for a contact. It's unlikely they'll give you an email address to contact though.

They don't have any base in Ireland, only their UK office. Best bet would be to phone the UK number and ask for a contact. It's unlikely they'll give you an email address to contact though.

The Uk number is their call centre which is hopeless. I want to escalate this higher so I need to contact the head office in Hammersmith. Fonfix even managed to damage the item by packing the bluetooth & charger together so that the mains pins scratched the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Who did you buy the phone from?

• Advertisement

If your complaint is serious, write to them -

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/company/company/contacts

Or call them on +44 20 8762 5800

dudara wrote: »
    Who did you buy the phone from?

It's a bluetooth headset & I bought it from Amazon.
    If your complaint is serious, write to them -

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/company/company/contacts

Or call them on +44 20 8762 5800

I always prefer email as you have a permanent record but I may have t resort to snail mail.

The CS guy at the call centre didn't seem to think that 5 weeks was too long ! All they had to do was phone me rather than sending the whole thing back unrepaired.

It may seem trivial but we all have a right to expect a warranty to actually mean something especially with a premium price quality brand. I expected them to tell me to go to my nearest dealer & simply swap it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Discodog wrote: »
    It's a bluetooth headset & I bought it from Amazon.

You contract is with Amazon, nobody else. They are the retailer, its up to them to sort you out.

Get in touch with Amazon then. That's where your contract of sale lies. They have really good customer service and I'd be surprised if you didn't get a good resolution from them.

dudara wrote: »
    Get in touch with Amazon then. That's where your contract of sale lies. They have really good customer service and I'd be surprised if you didn't get a good resolution from them.

It is a warranty issue not a receipt of faulty goods. Sony Ericsson claim to provide a full European wide warranty. Sony admitted this by telling me to return the unit to Fonfix - the problems started when it got there.

So the issue is with Fonfix, who are SE's appointed repairer & clearly useless.

• Advertisement

Can you provide more detail on how this is a warranty issue?

It's also worth noting that a warranty is in addition to, and does not replace, your statutory rights.

If I had bought the item & it arrived faulty or damaged then the seller would be responsible. The fault developed after 4 months of use. I am contacting SE's Head Office to complain about Fonfix because otherwise they may not be aware that their appointed repairer is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If I had bought the item & it arrived faulty or damaged then the seller would be responsible. The fault developed after 4 months of use. I am contacting SE's Head Office to complain about Fonfix because otherwise they may not be aware that their appointed repairer is useless.

If the seller was based in the EU he/she is still responsible even after 4 months, they're responsible for at least 2 years (can be longer if the seller is based in Ireland).

Contact Fonfix and demand free carriage, they're the ones who mistakenly claimed you didn't include the VAT number so they should pay for the item's return.

The seller continues to bear responsibility for the goods. Your contract with them does not end the minute you receive the items. I'd still be contacting Amazon.

Advertisement