Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM BROADBAND PROBLEM

Options
  • 30-10-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have a red light on my modem for the internet. all other lights are green. how do i get my internet back working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 naysayer

Try turning the modem off for a few seconds then turn it back on again.
    Give it a minute to re-connect, and it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 UR MAN SHEEDY

i have tried that. didnt work.

when i run test pppoe fails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I have a red light on my modem for the internet. all other lights are green. how do i get my internet back working?
    Hi UR MAN SHEEDY
    can you PM me your tel number and I can test this, should be able to help on this.
    Tony

i got it sorted thanks anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Hey OP I've had the same problem a hand full of times in the past 6 months. My guess is this will happen to you again at some stage if you have a fault on your line. If you do the winter weather might make your surfing miserable. Tony have you got time to have a look at my line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Hey OP I've had the same problem a hand full of times in the past 6 months. My guess is this will happen to you again at some stage if you have a fault on your line. If you do the winter weather might make your surfing miserable. Tony have you got time to have a look at my line?

Hi MyKeyG,

Thanks for your post and apologies for delay.

Could you confirm your broadband phone number. I have an 065 ****** number registered, though it's unclear if this is your home phone number.

If you can PM this, I will take a quick look at our servers and check if you've got a stable connection.

Ultimately, eircom's primary source for technical help is eircom Technical Support. Their opening hours are quite late, in comparison to most Support depts.

If you run into any difficulties at any stage, please give them a call. Also, the eircom Forum will provide substantial standard support for most Adsl fixed line problems, including PPPoE Authentication failing.

Please do a search or take a look at the advice given on our Forum, as this may help quickly by solving the issue. It will also save time if a fault needs to be logged or excalated by Technical Support.

eircom Forum - http://bit.ly/BBchecklist

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Hi MyKeyG,

Thanks for your post and apologies for delay.

Could you confirm your broadband phone number. I have an 065 ****** number registered, though it's unclear if this is your home phone number.

If you can PM this, I will take a quick look at our servers and check if you've got a stable connection.

Ultimately, eircom's primary source for technical help is eircom Technical Support. Their opening hours are quite late, in comparison to most Support depts.

If you run into any difficulties at any stage, please give them a call. Also, the eircom Forum will provide substantial standard support for most Adsl fixed line problems, including PPPoE Authentication failing.

Please do a search or take a look at the advice given on our Forum, as this may help quickly by solving the issue. It will also save time if a fault needs to be logged or excalated by Technical Support.

eircom Forum - http://bit.ly/BBchecklist

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Regards,
    Ant
    Yeah I might just wait until it happens again and give them a call. We're having trouble receiving calls from different numbers as well so they might be able to look into the whole thing. If not I'll come back here and kick up a big fuss:p

Advertisement