Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A visitor on the doorstep.

• 30-10-2011 3:28pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Last night I stepped outside & trod on something. It reared up and I closed the door again.

I grabbed the G12 and went out another door. This is what I saw.
    6477008F95E345C8BB97AA717B6397AA-0000318539-0002609887-00800L-789D87AB4D7E41F996E57F7489F9A2FF.jpg

A little later I had caught it and it seems to have a few injuries. It's resting in a box and will take it to the Wildlife Vet tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

St Patrick me fecking arse eh?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

St Patrick me fecking arse eh?!

Much to their chagrin, St. Patrick never made it down to the antipodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

Jebus.

It doesn't look poisonous. As an Irish man I'm an expert on which snakes are poisonous and which aren't.

Did you give it a name?

Michael D perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Australia?

Edit: Replied to a post which disappeared in the time it took me to type one word.!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

a148pro wrote: »
    Jebus.

It doesn't look poisonous. As an Irish man I'm an expert on which snakes are poisonous and which aren't.

Did you give it a name?

Michael D perhaps?

You are correct, it's not a venemous spiecies. It will try to give you a bit of a nip. You can see it coiled up ready to strike.

Being a Python they all get the generic name "Monty"
    looksee wrote: »
    Australia?

Edit: Replied to a post which disappeared in the time it took me to type one word.!

Yes - home is Australia, hence me making posts at weird times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Yeah it's a Python, looks like a Bredls Python to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Not surprised it has injuries if you trod on it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Argh this thread reminded me of the cassowary or massive red back spider I saw in north Aus. Both times I thought "no point in bringing the camera with me, only going for a quick drive to lunch"

:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

So you didnt go for the treat, when they asked you trick or treat ?

Advertisement