Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 this afternoon

Options
  • 30-10-2011 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

There's an extremely dangerous situation on the M7 outside Limerick heading east. There are a couple of dozen vehicles parked in the hard shoulder and a large crowd in an adjacent field watching standing around digging equipment.

Cars are pulling in and out like it's a 50 zone

Anybody know why the hell they're there?

Not a Guard in sight of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Sounds like the charity event to recover a 13T O&K excavator buried for years in Annaholty Bog.

Here you go, Annaholty Excavator Challenge http://www.nenaghguardian.ie/news-detail.php?article=1YQGV5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

There'll be another charity event happening pretty soon to raise funds for someone paralysed in an accident along there I think.

It's incredibly dangerous, they're hidden around a bend and puing directly onto the road from standing start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

There'll be another charity event happening pretty soon to raise funds for someone paralysed in an accident along there I think.

It's incredibly dangerous, they're hidden around a bend and puing directly onto the road from standing start.

Did you call it in to the Guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Bog ignorance:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Tremelo wrote: »
    Did you call it in to the Guards?

Remember i sent you the link to that..

Guards would do sfa about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

hi5 wrote: »
    Bog ignorance:(

True.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Only in Ireland would something like this occur, imagine on the German Autobahn, the locals first of all wouldn't dream of parking on the side of a Motorway like this and if they did the Bundespolizei would quickly sort them out. In Ireland you have genuinely thick ignorant people (look at the 500k Gallagher voters) who think nothing of parking on a motorway and the attitude of oh, shur its for charity shur till be grand will prevail.

It seems the Guards did call twice, maybe they should have stayed or stopped it. The whole exercise apparantly was a H&S mess according to one spectator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

101sean wrote: »
    It seems the Guards did call twice, maybe they should have stayed or stopped it. The whole exercise apparantly was a H&S mess according to one spectator.

Did they get it out after Sean??

• Advertisement

Yes, they did. Mostly cut up on site before being taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

This was a complete joke I nearly crashed into some idiot pulling in to have a look there were about 25 cars pulled in and other cars slowing down to 50Km to have a look. So stupid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

2885169948.jpg

If I’m interpreting this photo (Limerick Leader) correctly, then the cars parked at the crash barrier are parked on the M7 and their owners are the onlookers to this scene.

Talk about being blissfully ignorant! :eek:

Advertisement