Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 for 1 burger offer at Gourmet Burger Kitchen

• 30-10-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Didn't read the t&c's, just posting the link I was emailed just now:

http://www.gbk.ie/special_offers.asp

Valid til end of November.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Anyone able to review the quality of the fare here?

Are they genuinely 'homemade' style burgers - i.e. capable of being cooked medium / medium rare, chargrilled etc. or do they simply consist of a somewhat higher quality bit of processed beef?

Considering GBK, as I'm taking the kids up to Leinster v Munster next Friday and wanna find somewhere they'll like but not the usual sausage and nuggets crapfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

They've got an offer on like this each week/month.

We go occasionally for lunch in the one just off Grafton Street, decent value on the 2 for 1 and great burgers IMO. I would prefer them to the likes of Eddie Rockets etc..

Worth a punt IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

Good burgers but if you're in town I think The Counter on Suffolk Street is better....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Its very good, i would highly recommend them anyway. Their chips are excellent.

Oh and the free refills is something everywhere should have. I am much happier paying 2.95 euro knowing I can have as much as I want instead of 2 euro for a 200ml bottle. Hate that more than anything else in the food industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Their site is down. So much for today's lunch. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Their site is down. So much for today's lunch. :(

There you go:

2hhorix.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

As burgers go they are not bad and IMO better than most available from a chain.

I don't believe you can specify medium, medium rare etc.

As for how good you will think they are this all depends imo on the quality you are used to.

I think my main complaint in GBK is the size of the burger. IIRC they are 4oz and for me a single 6oz would be preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Was there last night. Decent burgers and you can specify medium-well or well done (but nothing rarer than that).

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I think its illegal to have mince cooked rare in a restaurant

• Advertisement
Advertisement