Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to source or find soursop fruit

Options
  • 30-10-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I was in Trinidad recently and they had the most amazing hand made soursop ice-cream. I really want to try and make some but being a tropical fruit, I have no idea where to find it. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some or if it is even possible?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I was in Trinidad recently and they had the most amazing hand made soursop ice-cream. I really want to try and make some but being a tropical fruit, I have no idea where to find it. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some or if it is even possible?

Thanks guys.

Say the chances are slim, you could try contacting directly Fyffes(Total Produce). They bought Utopia Fruits a couple of years back in the UK and it was one of the leading Exotics Importers into Europe so they should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I've never seen soursop anywhere in Ireland. If you find it anywhere I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mama3

Afaik this place in stepaside do soursop juice not sure about the fruit though.

https://www.facebook.com/GetFreshFruitandVegetables?ref=stream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Say the chances are slim, you could try contacting directly Fyffes(Total Produce). They bought Utopia Fruits a couple of years back in the UK and it was one of the leading Exotics Importers into Europe so they should be able to tell you.

Fyffes is able to order them for you I believe.
    Contact them at 01-8872700, or ring Kevin 085-7722522 as he does the ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thinned it

Thanks Mrs Fox,

I can indeed source Soursop & thanks for leaving the details - If anyone is looking, I would be happy to help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Tetulla

Hi, are you still able to source soursop? at what cost pls

Hi, It costs around €52.00 for 5kg (Usually 2 large pieces) with around 1 weeks notice - It would arrive in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Melo81

thinned it wrote: »
    Hi, It costs around €52.00 for 5kg (Usually 2 large pieces) with around 1 weeks notice - It would arrive in Dublin

Hi, are you still able to source this?

Melo81 wrote: »
    Hi, are you still able to source this?

Hi, Yes I have some in stock at the moment.

Hi, Yes I have some in stock at the moment.

Ok, can you tell me where I can pick this up from and also a price please?

• Advertisement

Ok, can you tell me where I can pick this up from and also a price please?

In Smithfield Dublin Fruit Market. Total Produce is the company. I only have 7kg boxs at the moment and It costs €60 per box.

In Smithfield Dublin Fruit Market. Total Produce is the company. I only have 7kg boxs at the moment and It costs €60 per box.

Perfect, I will take one of these off you. Will you be there tomorrow so I can collect?

Perfect, I will take one of these off you. Will you be there tomorrow so I can collect?

I am not in tomorrow but ask for my colleague Francesco, he will look after you. We close at 2pm just so you know.

Thanks

I am not in tomorrow but ask for my colleague Francesco, he will look after you. We close at 2pm just so you know.

Thanks

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mavhick

Do you also sell sour sop leaves?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OK folks - Am closing this now you know where to get this stuff.

@thinned it - Please note that it is not permitted to respond as a representative of your business without prior approval from boards HQ.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement