Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish tank cable into Pump is cracked...

Options
  • 30-10-2011 4:32pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭

... and the brown and blue insulations are visible.only a matter of time and the copper will appear too.Glue or melt some ? over and let set???Ideas please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Aquarian safe silicone would be my bet but i am no fish expert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Aquarian safe silicone would be my bet but i am no fish expert.

Tech 7 is aquariam safe,and seals under water,as thats what my girlfriend used to install the various pieces of bog oak and dead wood into our large tank.

But the best advice is to replace the damaged cable with a new 1.

Electricity and water dont mix.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

paddyandy wrote: »
    ... and the brown and blue insulations are visible.only a matter of time and the copper will appear too.Glue or melt some ? over and let set???Ideas please??

If the pump is an "in tank" pump then get rid of the damaged cable and replace with a new cable and pump,if you need a new pump.

Water and electricity dont mix.

Even if the cable is outside the tank,replace it,if its that far gone and damaged.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Thanks everybody.The Pump filter takes 220volts and is a heavy shellac like cube i may just get a new one or have a silicone appl done.It's old but it's given years service to me.It's not possible to replace the cable.I found plastic plants made the water dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

New pump is the only real way forward there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement