Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Digital Lock Safe. To store valuables/laptop.

Options
  • 30-10-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I'm looking to buy a safe for home to hold cash, documents, ideally laptop too.

Phoenix seem to be a very prominent brand.
    Has anyone got suggestions as to most reasonable online place to buy from?
    As long as it's large enough for laptop (W 340 mm D: 231.8 mm)
    Not too bothered about it being bolted to wall, floor
    Would like a digital lock.

Thanks, any pointers appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

if you're not too bothered about it being bolted to the wall floor, what you're basically after is a box... & you can get them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

most of them are allergict to a slap of a sledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Would you not be better off putting tracking software on your laptop so you know where it is if its been stolen rather than keeping it in a safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 certifiable

iMax wrote: »
    if you're not too bothered about it being bolted to the wall floor, what you're basically after is a box... & you can get them anywhere.

No looking for a safe as mentioned in original post. Simply may not choose to bolt it, just something lockable, to keep prying eyes off certain things.
    So you're facetious comment wasn't what I was looking for really.

Anyway, as another poster mentioned, Argos seem to stock a fair few, may just go there.

Thanks for your input.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 marryabroad

i bought a safe from company in limerick called lock doctor. its a digital one with a 6 digit pin number rather than usual 4 digit. holds everyting i need, incl laptop, and is insurance approved. even still works after i was flooded.

came with bolts to fix to floor but you dont need to use them if you dont want. paid just under €450 for it.

Advertisement