Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22 arrived yesterday...SWEEEEET

Options
  • 30-10-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Cool, all weather. Got gunsafe and scope plus supressor. Pity I cant take it home yet till licence gets through....any day now....then off to Lough Bo!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

Best of luck with the new toy and I hope your licence arrives soon. Will keep an eye out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Good luck with your license,
    I got a new 10/22 all wether this week as well,
    Mine was a sub so didn't take long,
    It's a fine thing and had loads of fun with mine already and hope you get yours soon, and best of luck when you get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

greenpilot wrote: »
    Cool, all weather. Got gunsafe and scope plus supressor. Pity I cant take it home yet till licence gets through....any day now....then off to Lough Bo!!

Any pic's?? What's the all weather look like??

Happy shooting with it.
    Are going to shoot the Gallery Rifle comps. with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

My 77/22 was an All-weather. What a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

clivej wrote: »
    Any pic's?? What's the all weather look like??

Happy shooting with it.
    Are going to shoot the Gallery Rifle comps. with it?

Hi, I have attached a pic. Yep we are going to start Gallery Comps as soon as we have a few hours on the Range first, so we know what the protocol is etc. Also, I need to practice field stripping it and cleaning it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

You might want to lose the banana mag, unless you have a restricted license ;)

Hibrion wrote: »
    You might want to lose the banana mag, unless you have a restricted license ;)

Well, if you looked at my original post, you will see that I havent recieved my licence yet:rolleyes:
    That is a Ruger 10/22, but its not MY ruger 10/22...that shot was taken from a website to show another poster what an Allweather stock looked like.:p

greenpilot wrote: »
    Well, if you looked at my original post, you will see that I havent recieved my licence yet:rolleyes:
    That is a Ruger 10/22, but its not MY ruger 10/22...that shot was taken from a website to show another poster what an Allweather stock looked like.:p

You didn't specify that wasn't your Ruger. In fact, the wording of the post with pics attached would suggest just that.
    Just because you can't take it home doesn't mean you can't take a picture; especially if you are a member of a range and bought it from an attached RFD.

Hibrion wrote: »
    You didn't specify that wasn't your Ruger. In fact, the wording of the post with pics attached would suggest just that.
    Just because you can't take it home doesn't mean you can't take a picture; especially if you are a member of a range and bought it from an attached RFD.

I believe you may be the type of guy who would DIScourage folks from taking up a new hobby. Your name wouldnt be Pat would it?:(

I think you'll find that I have posted on this forum for quite some time now and offered help to those who have sought it. I have shot for many years and always encourage those who have the cop on to enter the sport. Only this week I helped a friend choose a new shotgun as his first firearm.
    I have my own Ruger 10/22 for some years now. When I was buying it I asked for advise from the many experienced shooters on this forum. Moreover, I took this advise with thanks and didn't criticize anyone or make false accusations. If you don't believe me you can search for the thread yourself.

Your picture was presented in such a way that it seemed that this was your own rifle; the three "thanks" at the bottom of my post are proof enough for this.
    If it was indeed you rifle, you would have been breaking the law by using a banana magazine. Out of concern for you I posted a message informing you of this. I didn't even mention the fact that the picture was taken with the rifle loaded, irrelevant now that we know it isn't actually yours, but nonetheless evidence of good will and the fact I was not posting from an imaginary moral high ground.

I would suggest you don't come on here as a relatively new poster to this forum and criticize the help offered by others. You'll find that if your courteous to other users you will get great help here from this friendly and inclusive online community. But posts such as the one above won't get you anywhere.

So, no, I'm not "Pat" (wow, that narrows it down) and no, I am not the type of experienced individual who puts people off a sport I love and is a big part of my life.

Enjoy your new Ruger and remember: play safe!

• Advertisement

Dont worry about it, we wont be bothering you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Hi Greenpilot. I'd be interested in joining Lough Bo and doing a some target shooting. I know nothing about the thing but it looks like a fun hobby. Also how much does a ruger 22 cost?

Hi Greenpilot. I'd be interested in joining Lough Bo and doing a some target shooting. I know nothing about the thing but it looks like a fun hobby. Also how much does a ruger 22 cost?

Its an excellent hobby. Have you shot before? I have been shooting for years, as it has been in the family with my dad serving with the UN etc, so shooting and more importantly, safety, was drilled into me. I gave up shooting live animals a few years ago and have just started with target shooting. Its great. Totally theraputic. You could expect to pay around 450 to 550 for a baseline Ruger 10/22. I would recommend calling around to Lough Bo first and seeing what others are using etc. Best of luck,and safe shooting.

Advertisement