Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyeshadow recommendations

• 30-10-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I recently scrapped my make up collection. It was mostly made up of cheap eyeshadows I had picked up over the years. My eyes are an usual sea/aqua green and over the years I found there are a handful of colours that do amazing things for my eyes that I tend to wear all of the time.

Because of this, I'd really like to just invest in some slightly higher end brands of the colours I know I'll wear and use all the time. I recently bought the brown shimmer cubes from the body shop and absoloutely adore them, so much so I'm going to go and see if their purple shades are any good. Apart from the body shop I have not found many shadows that impress me. I'm looking to invest in a good white and black as 50s pin up always make my eyes pop.

I have heard good things about Urban decay, but other than that are there any brands you would highly recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Urban Decay is my favourite make up brand - love it - their eyeshadows are so pigmented, it's fantastic!

MAC is another really good brand, they have a massive range so it's worth going to a counter and swatching stuff you like the look of.

Barry M dazzle dusts are beautiful (I don't know about their shadows though) and also very pigmented but fallout is a pain in the bum (same with all lose eye colour though!).

I have tried Clinique and really wasn't too impressed with the colour pay off but they give a super creamy look to the eyes (I know lots of people seem to love the Clinique range so just a heads up!).

To make the colour pop on your eyes and last all day without going dodgy, a primer is a must! My personal favourite is MAC Prep & Prime (in a pot!) but there are rave reviews on Urban Decays Primer Potion so also worth a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Urban Decay are really good, their Naked Palette is great and comes with a mini primer potion, it's excellent and you won't want to live without it after!

Chanel eyeshadows are also great and come in some great shades and Dior do really wonderful soft pigmented shadow sets!

I have my eye on Elf's eyeshadow palettes at the moment and should hopefully have one within a week so I'll let you know how I get on, they're cheap as chips but meant to be good!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+ 1 for Mac and Urban Decay.

With Mac you can buy the shadows separately or make up your own palettes, pick your own colours.

Urban Decay do singles and pre made up palettes, both excellent. I have the Naked palette and use it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Definitely recommend urban decay. I have a few single shadows from them but the palettes are much better value.
    Benefit do some nice palettes too, the beautiful eyes one is gorgeous but they're slightly dearer than ud naked palette and you get way less product.
    I've tried an elf palette but it's kinda muck. They're too hit and miss.
    Superdrug sell Sleek makeup. They're palettes are lovely. Great pigmentation and great range of colours. My local superdrug doesn't sell them though, so you might have to order online for them. They're the only cheaper shadows that I'm happy to use interchangeably with higher end ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

+ a million to the UD Naked Palette. Since I bought it, I very rarely use any of my other eye shadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I was sceptical about the UD Naked pallet at first but it is actually fantastic for so many looks and will take you from day to night. It is a great investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Like everyone else I would also highly recommend the Urban Decay naked palette. Since getting this I haven't touched any of my other eyeshadows. Another great eyeshadow brand is Inglot - the pigmentation of these eyeshadows is fantastic and they are a reasonable price. You can build up a palette yourself choosing the colours you want through their freedom system. At the moment I think they are only in Dublin but with plans to open a shop in Limerick soon (YIPPEE). Seriously if you are near an inglot shop try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Thanks all! I am quite skeptical about the UD Naked Palette as i have some other neutral eyeshadows and quads already! I can't see it being worth the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

cordni wrote: »
    Another great eyeshadow brand is Inglot - the pigmentation of these eyeshadows is fantastic and they are a reasonable price. You can build up a palette yourself choosing the colours you want through their freedom system. At the moment I think they are only in Dublin but with plans to open a shop in Limerick soon

Inglot opened in the Crescent shopping centre in Limerick about a month ago :)

OP, another vote for Urban Decay here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Barry M dazzle pots are some of the best for colour pigments, if you're worried about fall out just put a bit o tissue under your eye when you're applying it.

I'm also a big fan of 17 eyeshadow's. They have some lovely sparkly colours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

benefit's big beautiful eyes set is amazing. its a little pricey compared to the urban decay naked palette but its so worth it. i get compliments all the time

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/big-beautiful-eyes

Advertisement