Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike gps

• 30-10-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Birthday is coming up and decided to get a gps for the bike. I was looking on wiggle and saw the usually garmin edge but also saw the bryton rider 50. Checked the reviews in wiggle and they are all positive which I find strange. Anybody here use one?
    Considering it as they seem to do every thing that the garmin do? Just sceptical of the reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

GARMIN! period!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

07Lapierre wrote: »
    GARMIN! period!

Well that's fairly definite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

have you tried amazon ;)

Not yet but I'll take alook :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

07Lapierre wrote: »
    GARMIN! period!

Is that for when you need to know where you are in your cycle?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Is that for when you need to know where you are in your cycle?

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

you're still going to get lost Mackey!:D

you're still going to get lost Mackey!:D

It's so I know where I've been. :D
    Sure if your lost you won't know about the hills on the route lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

take a look at the new garmin range all touch screen is it the 801 thats the most popular for cyclists or the 705 excellent bit of kit as long as you know how to use them:D

take a look at the new garmin range all touch screen is it the 801 thats the most popular for cyclists or the 705 excellent bit of kit as long as you know how to use them:D
    I looked at the 800 but it is fierce money :/
    So far the edge 500 is winning. The 200 looked good but no ant+ capability

• Advertisement

Well finally went and got the garmin edge 500, came with the heartbeat sensor and cadence. Question about the cadence tho? I'm going changing the groupset and wheels in the new year. Is the cadence sensor easy to move once it's set up or should I wait till I have the new set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Very easy to transfere to another bike, just a pair of cable ties for the cadence unit and a single cable tie with double sided sticky tape for the magnet on the crank arm.

Almost forgot, another magnet on a spoke on the rear wheel ;)

Very easy to transfere to another bike, just a pair of cable ties for the cadence unit and a single cable tie with double sided sticky tape for the magnet on the crank arm.

Almost forgot, another magnet on a spoke on the rear wheel ;)

Cool :D
    Will set it all up so
    Can't wait for my spin tomorrow

Advertisement