Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 - Cant play Multiplayer

Options
  • 30-10-2011 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help here because I must be missing something, got the game on Friday and so far I haven't been able to join a multi player game. Nothing works for me, cant join quick match, joining a server just gives me a black screen with loading flashing across it.

Have anyone got any ideas, would appreciate any help.

Thanks/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Flashing means it loading for me, no flashing means its crashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

But how long does it take before you get a game? does quick match work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Everything works most of the time, try join someone in a game.

Join the boards.ie platoon.

Tried a few, not getting a damn thing, something else must be up with it.

EDIT: getting the feeling it is firewall settings

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi OP I've the same issue and using on ps3. Haven't played a MP match since I bought it. Fiddled with my Internet but to no avail. I've scoured the net for a solution but nothing. But There is a lot of people with this problem.

If anyone finds a fix or has anymore info please post here! I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place :( I only bought it for online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

change to google chrome, set it as ur default browser, try that. worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

copeyhagen wrote: »
    change to google chrome, set it as ur default browser, try that. worked for me
    Ps3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Something similar was happening me earlier, and i repaired the game in Origin. It had to download about 1gb of files, and than did a repair. Worked fine after that.

^ yeah might give it a go, I'm using Avast IS and there are known issues with it, its seems battle log and webshield don't get along so I added an exception for that, pretty much trying everything now short of disabling firewall which I don't want to do.

Still stuck on this, goes no further ....

Timeless_0206___timelessgaming.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I was playing earler on xbox live, got kicked and now says cannot connect to ea! Anybody else got problems like this? I was just getting the hang of the jets and helicopters too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

trke try chrome. worked for me. i had exact same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Also maybe try UPNP? Probably mentioned earlier in the thread.

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Also maybe try UPNP? Probably mentioned earlier in the thread.

You sir are my hero :)

disabled UPnP and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

-Trek- wrote: »
    You sir are my hero :)

disabled UPnP and it works.

You are both my heroes, had the same problem as Trek and this worked for me too.

Advertisement