Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Prs-T1 HELP please please !!!

Options
  • 30-10-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Guys,

Bought a new Sony ereader PRS-T1 yesterday and installed it etc....all went swimmingly until I tried to buy a book....

Got the book onto the ereader but I cant read the book....

Its telling me

This device is not yet authorised for Adobe DRM content

Arrrghhhh, I have an Adobe ID and password - the computer is authorised so how do I get the ereader authorised...

I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and apparently this should be able to see my ereader but it cant.... when I go into the ereader and go to the settings section it says

This device is not yet authorixed for Adobe DRM content.

Anyone know - in simple plain english please...i found info on the net but to be honest cant follow it huh.gifhuh.gif

So help please icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Big Mig

Ok....i changed the device settings on the Reader for PC software to Canada...

Another option in my Reader for PC software appeared, that of "store" which allowed me to register my product...had to say I was in Canada!!

I then synched the product with the computer and lo and behold the device is now authorised for reading and purchasing Adobe DRM content!!!

I have left the device settings for Canada...I'm afraid to change them back :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This might help someone else with a similar problem....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 digitaldolf

Hi Big Mig.
    Just curious: did you have Adobe digital editions already set up on your computer when you connected your new reader to the computer? You should be able to transfer books to 6 devices max.
    If you buy a lot of books it might be a good idea to get a program to remove drm from your books. It's not that expensive and after removal you can then save the drm free books to a disc or seperate harddrive just in case you need to put them on a different reader in future.
    I can recommend the following program: http://www.ebook-converter.com/epub-drm-removal.htm

Advertisement