Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does it cost?

• 30-10-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭

Okay i know literally nothing about college fees or anything, but how much does it cost to live in Dublin and go to Trinity for the average student?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If you from Ireland or the EU, fees will be about €2,000 per year. Accomadation can range from €300-500 per month, exculding bills like heating, internet etc. As for food shopping, you can generally get a weeks worth in tesco for €20 a week. Going out is very expensive esp. if you have to get a taxi or some such...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

As for food shopping, you can generally get a weeks worth in tesco for €20 a week.
    What are you eating? I don't want to know but I'd say 50 in the supermarkets a week would be normal for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

What are you eating? I don't want to know but I'd say 50 in the supermarkets a week would be normal for me

Pasta, veg, bread, butter, ham, cheese, meat, eggs, pasta sauce and that is more or less it. I could go even cheaper if I went to Aldi or one of those. Ultimatelly, you just have to to clever where you shop and how you shop. For example, looking at the price per kg will show you which one gives you bang for your buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thx for dat

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

If you from Ireland or the EU, fees will be about €2,000 per year. Accomadation can range from €300-500 per month, exculding bills like heating, internet etc. As for food shopping, you can generally get a weeks worth in tesco for €20 a week. Going out is very expensive esp. if you have to get a taxi or some such...
    +1 to this cept maybe allow a little bit more for food. Also if you're lucky enough to get trinity halls rent will cost you just over 5000 a year with all bills included.
    And you'll have to think about travel costs around dublin as well, €82 will get you a 30 day bus pass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Dublin city centre aint cheap. Im looking around and its all 600 up to live.

As for your fees. pay close attention to the news. In the next few weeks and the budget. prices could be all over the place. im hoping it stays at 2k or we all could be going home. oh and take into account weekend travel. i presume your not dublin native :pac: costs 36.50 for me travelling east to west. buses cost less. but its still money going out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The plan would be to stay there at weekends, longer away from home the better :L Ya it does kinda depend on how much the fees go up or down, dont they know that they're stopping some of the vulnerable ones financially but brilliant academically from achieving our potential?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

The plan would be to stay there at weekends, longer away from home the better :L Ya it does kinda depend on how much the fees go up or down, dont they know that they're stopping some of the vulnerable ones financially but brilliant academically from achieving our potential?

Exactly. all they want is the people to pay there way. those who can afford to go to third level will be allowed to go to the third level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Thx for dat
    Hi, welcome to Boards! :)

Please note that textspeak is unwelcome on this site.

Advertisement