Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone while driving

• 30-10-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

On two occasions today while out and about, I saw the Garda in their patrol cars. phones to their ear while driving. Can I ask what makes it any safer for a Garda to do this as it is suggested that using a Mobile Phone while driving is as bad as drinking and driving with regard to your ability to react and concentration. Even if it could be argued that Guards may have had some advanced driving training. I don't know of any driving course that allows this to happen. I find it hard to accept that you will receive a fine and have points added to your licence if you are found doing this. but that we accept that a Garda is exempt from doing the same . How can anyone be expected to obey a law when it is broken by the very people that are supposed to uphold it . MAKES NO SENSE. If we allow for the fact that they may be using the phone for their job, most patrol cars have at least two people in them so again why is it the driver that needs to take the call. unless it's a personal call ? In which case has anyone heard of a hands free device, kit etc . Please let me know if you agree or disagree with this or is it just me ???
    PS : JUST TO SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER BEEN STOPPED FOR THIS OFFENCE SO ITS NOT A GRIPE FROM THAT END:confused:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement