Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best site to buy xbox360 games?

Options
  • 30-10-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Wondering what sites ye guys use to buy 360 games? i have recently used thehut.com. I have found them quite cheap, particularly for new releases and collectors editions but their delivery times can be quite slow (10-15 days). are there cheaper websites out there to buy games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

ebay, adverts, cd-wow, shopto, play.com, gamestation are a few i've used, shipping times vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

punk77 wrote: »

Seriously???? I'm not having a go at them but they are far from cheap !!!!!!

OP it comes down to price, vs delivery times, vs reputation of the site and how fast you want it. Some sites can take 2 weeks to deliver, others 2 days, some sell direct and others allow ebay like sellers to peddle their wares via proxy like amazon and play so always double check who the actual seller is regardless of the site and always check the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.gamestracker.com/buy-xbox-360-games.htm

A useful site for comparing prices, set your region as UK and make sure to examine the different shipping costs.

If you preorder with Amazon and the price drops before release you pay the lower price.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

calex71 wrote: »
    Seriously???? I'm not having a go at them but they are far from cheap !!!!!!

OP it comes down to price, vs delivery times, vs reputation of the site and how fast you want it. Some sites can take 2 weeks to deliver, others 2 days, some sell direct and others allow ebay like sellers to peddle their wares via proxy like amazon and play so always double check who the actual seller is regardless of the site and always check the feedback.

I know you've stated you're not having a go but I have to respond to that. :)

Every single game we sell is discounted from the publishers RRP - we are therefore cheaper at all times than the publishers own pricing. If we were selling Forza 4 for €65 - €70 I'd accept we're not cheap but we are selling it for nearly €20 less than we are meant to be according to microsoft.

The cheapest sites on the internet for game purchasing are based outside of the EU (Jersey and the channel islands etc are outside of the EU) and their prices do not include VAT. If you take our prices and take out the 21% VAT included in them we actually sell cheaper than most of these sites. If your inbound package is stopped by customs you can expect a VAT levy and an administration fee to be out onto the package too making it a lot dearer in the long run. I'm not saying that this will happen at all times but there are more and more posts appearing in the online buying forum from people who have had packages stopped.

In fairness you go on to mention price v delivery times which is an important factor for us here. We dispatch from Ireland with 1-2 day delivery times versus 1-2 weeks from outside of Ireland. We believe there is a market for those who are willing to pay a slightly higher vat included price to have the game quicker / on release day etc otherwise we would rebrand as gamesnash.com and base ourselves in Jersey too.

In the interests of fairness and counter balancing my own argument I am aware that Amazon now includes Irish VAT on their sales as do Gamestop but I'd also point out that we are competing here against multi billion euro companies and we are quite open about not being able to price match them all the time. We do offer however offer a lot higher trade in credit for pre owned games and sell them a lot cheaper too which represents better value all round.

Apologies for the mini rant :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement