Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question About PowerLeveling in WoW

Options
  • 30-10-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello.

I am wondering about how safe are websites like these <snip> ?

Has anyone here done that before?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You're giving away your WoW login details to an unknown group of people; how safe does that sound to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dreadful

I know the idea isn't safe, but there are a lot of people out the who take things like that as a serious business. I bought gold before, and that was safe. Although it's different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dreadful wrote: »
    I know the idea isn't safe, but there are a lot of people out the who take things like that as a serious business. I bought gold before, and that was safe. Although it's different.
    I'd advice against it for two reasons:

1) In case they change your password and clean out your account you're in for an uphill struggle (and that would likely highlight your gold transaction as well as they go through historical items etc. as part of the account review)
    2) WoW is not that difficult a game to level up in; for the risk you take vs. the gain I'd not consider it

If you're that desperate how ever I'd recommend having a private chat with someone you trust in your guild or similar and even that's risky but never to a third party. Oh and if you do go down that route change all information before handing it over and buy a dongle afterwards...

Yeah.. I guess I am in for leveling... Hate it :S

Anyone here wanna lvl for me? I will gladly pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Link removed, thread moved to Wow forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

What you looking to get leveled? might do it for ya if your offering a good deal ;)

kev_like wrote: »
    What you looking to get leveled? might do it for ya if your offering a good deal ;)

Kev, contact me on skype " drunjawow "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Leave talk like that to PMs please. This forum is not in place to faccilitate services which are in breach of the EULA. And remember someone on boards is as capable of ripping off all your stuff, perhaps even more so, since they can pretend to be you with an Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

sorry but lol

why are you playing the game if you don't want to level your character?

if you are going to buy powerleveling and blizz find out about it your account will get suspended and it'll get deleted.

basically your giving your account to hackers so they can do whatever they want with it. they could possibly level it for you and then decide when they are done to strip your account so you'll have to contact a GM to get your items and gold back. then they'll know you were being powerleveled and suspend you.

these are the same people that hack accounts and ive seen over the years a lot of ppl here have been hacked so you don't understand the hatred some people have towards hackers. honestly i hope one day you get hacked and then you'll understand.

also, if you give your details to that guy above and what if he decides to strip your account as well? you'll have to contact a GM again and they'll know you were sharing your account and once again suspend your account because you gave your details away and you lost your items.

something to think about if you are really that lazy

Thread can be closed. Sorry Ivan, I had no intentions in breaching the rules. Thank you for not taking actions against that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

If you're that mad for level 85 toons then just buy an account but surely that defeats the purpose of the game?

There are a couple of Add Ons that can make levelling a very quick process. If you think levelling takes long now you should have been playing about 2 years ago or since vanilla.

Anyway, the Zygor guide is probably the best one you can use IMO.

Good luck levelling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So your openly admitting you wanna cheating? I wouldn't trust you to pay me even if I was into cheating!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Grey2k

You could do what I did, it's perfectly legal and above board. Create a free starter account, go into the game and you will be spammed by people trying to get you to join their guild, once they initiate contact you can reply, ask them if anyone in their guild who is active wants to level an alt or two, if so get them to send you a recruit a friend request.

With RaF I had a lvl 85 in two days, 3 in a fortnight. You get +300% Xp when your grouped with and near the person who recruited you, I got 15-19 in one deadmines run alone. It's normally a ding or two per dungeon until you hit Wrath then it slows down a bit but after 4.3 that will be much faster also.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Em , actually.. tbh.. In the past i paid to get power leveling done to one of my characters... to L40 only, back when the "wall" existed... Didn cost much and there was no dmg to my account... Got it back safe and sound.. ! There is just the odd few sites out there that would f*ck u over with that sort of stuff...

Maybe its different these days, but there are stil some legit power leveling sites out there... just gotta look hard enough...!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Akarinn wrote: »
    Em , actually.. tbh.. In the past i paid to get power leveling done to one of my characters... to L40 only, back when the "wall" existed... Didn cost much and there was no dmg to my account... Got it back safe and sound.. ! There is just the odd few sites out there that would f*ck u over with that sort of stuff...

Maybe its different these days, but there are stil some legit power leveling sites out there... just gotta look hard enough...!

There are definitly legit sites out there.

The reason now more then ever, because you'd be a ****ing moron to pay someone to give you gold or level a toon when its now easier then ever, so it wont help their business if they are ****ing people over.

Do yourself a favour and just level the cahracters yourself, it is where the fun and excitement is exploring the world for the first time, even the 8th time and noticing something new.

If you cant level a character just pack it in and go play Tetris, cause if you cant level you wont be able to do antyhing endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Having played wow for 4 years i am upset you want to powerlevel through the content.
    I know it can be boring and tedious but if you immerse yourself into it and READ THE QUEST TEXT.... READ... i cant stress that point enough if your leveling read the quest text there is some good stuff out there.

Heck read it out loud in a funny voice or on vent or something thats what me and my mates did 5th time to 85 felt like a brand new game lol but seriously read it and enjoy the game don't trust hackers with your account. Even if they are only trying to put noodles on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

If you really want to level up fast, use Refer A Friend. If you don't have a friend that plays or wants to play Wow - consider asking on their official forums if anyone would be interested (or here even, maybe someone might be interested).

That or just run both characters yourself (multiboxing) by running wow twice and logging in to both accounts. Can do it manually switching between both to pick up quests etc., but it's far easier to use third party software (which Blizzard allow for this purpose) to multibox both accounts, sending whatever keys you press on one instance of wow to the other account you're running, takes a bit of setting up but works really well.

If I'm correct, Refer A Friend goes up to 80 now (am I right in that? Anyone confirm?) so you can even pvp in the battlegrounds through the last 5 levels (I'd suggest rolling Alliance for this due to much faster BG queues).

Anyway, powerlevel yourself through Wow using RAF rather than put your account at risk through professional powerlevelling services, you'll enjoy the game more and get more out of it. Multiboxing is also very enjoyable to do, takes a bit of getting used too but it can be a lot of fun.

Advertisement