Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver san franciso

Options
  • 30-10-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

i recently purchased the collectors edition of dsf online for 35 euro, seems like a good deal, just waiting for it to arrive now. just wondering if any of you guys have played it and what are your views? i love he driver series, had great fun even with the buggy driv3r and parallell lines. also, is anyone interesed in playing online mp when my copy arrives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

What platform did you get it on ?
    It sounds fun, but im pretty wary of console-port-itis of pc games these days

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Spunge wrote: »
    What platform did you get it on ?
    It sounds fun, but im pretty wary of console-port-itis of pc games these days

got it on the 360. tbh im not expecting huge things from it but as i said ive enjoyed the previous driver installements and the clips ive watched on youtube look fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Its a very good game imo, the shift mechanic leads to some innovation in missions than your typical driver game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

its a good game but a bit repetitive

Just arrived in the post today so i havent played much of it but well impressed with what ive seen so far. Anybody still.playing this online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

iMuse wrote: »
    Its a very good game imo, the shift mechanic leads to some innovation in missions than your typical driver game.

it does, but playing with mechanics was also it's downfall it got ludicrous at the end

just completed this a few days ago and have to say i really enjoyed it. the story is ludicrous but the action is good. plenty of side missions/collectables to keep you interested for 20+hours which isnt bad for a game these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yeah, its a good game, cars look lovely but the city isn't that great looking. It's fine at high speed but once you stop the car the crudeness of the surroundings becomes apparent. It's forgiveable though as there's something wrong if you've got time to stop and admire the scenery.

I finished the storey missions but didn't get the urge to complete the game out. Enjoyable experience tainted by GTA's overbearing awesomeness. Otherwise it would have seemed like an exceptional game.

Advertisement