Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice: Madness Returns xbox360

Options
  • 30-10-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

thinking of picking this up. any of you guys played it? is it worth a purchase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

da gamer wrote: »
    thinking of picking this up. any of you guys played it? is it worth a purchase?

Rented it when it came out, thoroughly enjoyed it. If you buy it you get a code to download and play the original so can't comment on that as I rented it.

I had more than enough time to play it and finish it in the week I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

calex71 wrote: »
    Rented it when it came out, thoroughly enjoyed it. If you buy it you get a code to download and play the original so can't comment on that as I rented it.

I had more than enough time to play it and finish it in the week I had it.

just picked it up online for 23 quid, looking forward to playing it. the first game included is a good selling point. how many hours gameplay do you reckon it took to complete calex71?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Long game.... 20-ish hours on Normal I think (if going for collectables). Another 15 on Nightmare (if going for that achievement) and 5-7 on the original Alice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Good game alright completely different to what i usually play but really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished it a few weeks ago, I thought it was brilliant. One of my favourite games of the year, I read the reviews and they were fairly average but I gave it a go anyway and I'm glad I did.
    It was much darker than I thought it would be, but I found that interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

One of the best games iv played for some time

Would be in my top 5 games of the year

thanks for the recommendations of this game guys, only started playing it this evening but love what ive played so far. its great to play and old school style platformer, not enough of these kind of games on current gen consoles. game is quite dark also...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

One of my favourite games this year. Fantastic art-style, great story, simple gameplay, hot Alic, and generally just a joy to play.

just completed this today. i have to say i havent enjoyed a game this much in a while. i would urge anybody who grew up with platformers such as mario 64, banjo etc to give this game a go, its one of the most underated games on the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Good to see so many people enjoying this. Personally its tied for GOTY with Dark Souls for me. It was a joy to play, has one of the best stories ive seen in a game, amazing art style, and all round fun to play. Sure its got issues (the padding of certain chapters being the most obvious), but id rather play a padded level set inside a Fuedal Japanese Ant hill fighting samurai Wasps or staging a theatrical performance for some singing oysters than spend 5 minutes in another gritty brown terrorist simulator.
    Fantastic game, and i hope its sold well by word of mouth. I know it didnt set the charts alight on release, but it seems like its been a slow burner if forum imrpessions are anything to go by

edit

Also, f*ck eurogamer and their sh**ty 6/10 review for this

• Advertisement
Advertisement