Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible new sticky, upcoming farming events

• 30-10-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭

this is one for the Mods, would it be a good idea to add a sticky
    Farming events ; there's been a good few events lately and personally i've found out about them too late, i'm sure others would find it useful too.
    these events could then be discussed etc.
    what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

jfh wrote: »
    this is one for the Mods, would it be a good idea to add a sticky
    Farming events ; there's been a good few events lately and personally i've found out about them too late, i'm sure others would find it useful too.
    these events could then be discussed etc.
    what do you think?[/QUOTE

great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

hope your not in a hurry for it,2 others been asked for and still waiting:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Who did you ask?
    leg wax wrote: »
    hope your not in a hurry for it,2 others been asked for and still waiting:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

reilig wrote: »
    Who did you ask?
    yes i have asked for the picture thread and the chat thread.:P

leg wax wrote: »
    yes i have asked for the picture thread and the chat thread.:P

Yea??

I thought it was me that asked about those :p:p:p

• Advertisement

Lads,

we're working on the stickies, but need to be careful not to have too many - we don't want a page full of them. We'll get moving on it out this week and get them sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Maybe ye could post them here in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Anyone have dates for local ploughing matches?

They used put a rudimentary list on the NPA website but doesnt seem to be anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I might be on my own here - but I hate the stickies, I never use them, and they just clutter the page...

Ok, farming chit-chat sticky - great, it is added to a few times a day. So makes sense to keep up there.

Existing sticky links, which are added to every few weeks, pointless... Will this events sticky just be another one of these which is only added to once in a blue moon?

What about 1 sticky along side chit chat. We could call it Useful Information. It could contain all of the suggested stickies along with the forum charter, the farming links, the tax relief links and the forestry links. That way we would only have 2 stickies, but still have all of the vital info on hand ;)

Opinions please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Standard Operating Procedure across the whole site, as recommended by the Admins, is to keep the Sticky count as low as possible.
    The forum charter must be a Sticky, so I'm thinking of having two others: the Chit Chat thread, and a Useful Links & Interesting Threads thread.

The Useful Links & Interesting Threads thread would contain links to the Farming Links thread, Forestry Links thread, tax stuff thread, photos thread, and who knows what else that's deemed useful or interesting.

This keeps the Sticky count at 3, but keeps all the other stuff pretty quickly accessible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Rovi wrote: »
    Standard Operating Procedure across the whole site, as recommended by the Admins, is to keep the Sticky count as low as possible.
    The forum charter must be a Sticky, so I'm thinking of having two others: the Chit Chat thread, and a Useful Links & Interesting Threads thread.

The Useful Links & Interesting Threads thread would contain links to the Farming Links thread, Forestry Links thread, tax stuff thread, photos thread, and who knows what else that's deemed useful or interesting.

This keeps the Sticky count at 3, but keeps all the other stuff pretty quickly accessible.

Sounds like a plan. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

I was just looking at the donegal forum there and I notice they have a "sticky of stickies" it seems to be tidy looking and compact, at least then they would all be in one place, except the charter!

Advertisement