Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Vis Clothing

• 30-10-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im working on a a pilot scheme for a new emergency response group here and im looking to get the pilot team some Hi Vis vests to start off with for safety and all that.
    Has anyone got some good sites that sell this sort of kit, im not looking for the standard type, more for what some people call’ EXEC VES’ with stuff like Radio Holder , Mic Holder ,Clear I.D Label maybe , few Pockets on it, etc
    Also I need ones that come in different sizes as I need some to be able to fit someone small in stature!
    Any links to so good places would be great, as ive looked over the net and not really found what im looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

How about Here? The have some good high vis gear
    Maybe This ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

Whitehawk wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im working on a a pilot scheme for a new emergency response group here and im looking to get the pilot team some Hi Vis vests to start off with for safety and all that.
    Has anyone got some good sites that sell this sort of kit, im not looking for the standard type, more for what some people call’ EXEC VES’ with stuff like Radio Holder , Mic Holder ,Clear I.D Label maybe , few Pockets on it, etc
    Also I need ones that come in different sizes as I need some to be able to fit someone small in stature!
    Any links to so good places would be great, as ive looked over the net and not really found what im looking for.

For top end kind of gear go to www.511tactical.com high viz jackets etc but you will have to look through the online catalogue to find what ya want. There is an Irish agent supplies airport police gardai army etc can't remember the name though. If you see anything that may be suitable then chase down the Irish agent for a quote.

www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Outerwear/High-Visibility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Gun Shy wrote: »
    There is an Irish agent supplies airport police gardai army etc can't remember the name though. If you see anything that may be suitable then chase down the Irish agent for a quote.

JBS Group is the irish company you are thinking off !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

JBS are NOT the group he is thinking off. The group being referred to are not the standard supplier of AGS equipment but supply specialized units with gear including 5.11 items.

O/P - can you pm me some details of the service and requirements and I might be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

thanks all, few sites to look over and ill then post back!

And ya Hooch thanks ill pm you on the info.

• Advertisement

Hooch wrote: »

JBS are NOT the group he is thinking off. The group being referred to are not the standard supplier of AGS equipment but supply specialized units with gear including 5.11 items.

O/P - can you pm me some details of the service and requirements and I might be able to help.

5.11 Irish agent plus other stuff!!!!!!!

www.danieltechnologies.ie
    www.team-alpha.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

Lots of companies with irish suppliers:

French company: http://www.dimatexsecurite.fr/catalog/index.php?cPath=3 have one of these for event work in the uk, extremly hard wearing & practical. AIT here supply them.

UK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEVMED-1-Protec-Paramedic-Ambulance-Response-vest-/180649553871?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item6fc3acbc64 some of the other lads have these also very good, can be customised.

Ireland: http://www.uniformexpress.co.uk/content/welome_to_uniform_express_corporate_workwear.html
    Again good gear for the price can be customised, fractory in louth.

if you post what your role is, could point you in the best direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Not quite customisable but quite low cost and they are Stat Packs who do provide good quality products.

http://boundtree.co.uk/clothing-and-footwear/vests

Theres also some great UK vests in around the £100 mark. Those protec ones linked to on ebay before seem to be highly regarded by those who got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Well i DO apologize if its not the group he is thinking off, it just happens that JBS group did at one stage fit AGS members for uniforms.

They also supplied various other emergency services with equipment and uniforms, so I just assumed!
    But thanks for letting me know on gunshys behalf all the same. :pac:

I'm sure a phone call to JBS will help you out gunshy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Well i DO apologize if its not the group he is thinking off, it just happens that JBS group did at one stage fit AGS members for uniforms.

They also supplied various other emergency services with equipment and uniforms, so I just assumed!
    But thanks for letting me know on gunshys behalf all the same. :pac:

Gunshy isn't the one who was looking for info......

Infact he is the one who posted where AGS actually get all the proper tactical gear. JBS are the "wonderful" company who supply us with the current regular uniform.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=DesertCreat_15;

Gunshy isn't the one who was looking for info......

Infact he is the one who posted where AGS actually get all the proper tactical gear. JBS are the "wonderful" company who supply us with the current regular uniform.[/Quote]

Did a bit of checking
    In relation to the JBS issue yes they do supply the general uniform for a lot of state bodies. AND at times have supplied tactical gear even 5.11 stuff. only because they had a tender agreement for that body.
    They essentially had to purchase from Irish agent and supply At least the Prison service. But probably works the same for AGS and others.

Advertisement