Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to lose 4 stone

Options
  • 31-10-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all,

I joined weight watchers for men last week as I need to lose about 4 stone. I'm 17st at the min, my ideal weight is 12st 11. I have been doing well on the diet but not with the exercise. I joined my local gym last week too so I'm just wondering what would be a good routine. I want a good routine that will help me lose weight fast. Should I be doing just cardio or a mixture of cardio and weight training. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

woodzie wrote: »
    Hi all,

I joined weight watchers for men last week as I need to lose about 4 stone. I'm 17st at the min, my ideal weight is 12st 11. I have been doing well on the diet but not with the exercise. I joined my local gym last week too so I'm just wondering what would be a good routine. I want a good routine that will help me lose weight fast. Should I be doing just cardio or a mixture of cardio and weight training. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks

First suggestion is to ask one of the trainers to walk you around the place and show you how to use the machines. If it's a commercial gym, they'll likely do you out a starter programme for freebs so that'll get you going. After that, swim lots if they have a pool and do some reading on other stuff. I'm sure some of the other, more experienced, loggers on here will have more detailed advice soon too. Congrats on committing to it and particularly for changing your diet! Keep it up. :)

Advertisement