Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Dublin City Centre Apartment

Options
  • 31-10-2011 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

Im not from Dublin but am moving down quite soon. I want to live in a modern apartment but that is perhaps maybe 30 min walk max to the centre? Any nice areas where new apartments are?

Thanks!
    V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

No, we have nothing like that.

Sorry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

seriously - a modern apartment in dublin city :eek:

there is this great website called [url]www.daft.ie:rolleyes:[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭vangough

No, we have nothing like that.

Sorry.

nothing! are you sure! should have mentioned my budget is 900e per month for a double!

ya but if i dont what areas are good and within 30 mins walk to the centre how is it possible for me to use daft? Does daft also tell what certain areas are like too in terms of dodgyness?? (sarcastic)

vangough wrote: »
    ya but if i dont what areas are good and within 30 mins walk to the centre how is it possible for me to use daft? Does daft also tell what certain areas are like too in terms of dodgyness?? (sarcastic)

search daft or areas dublin 1-8

dublin is flipping huge,

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote: »
    search daft or areas dublin 1-8

dublin is flipping huge,

Really??

great advice!!!

maybe you can tell me what areas are there to avoid? Some you can recommend! is it possible to find a nice area within 30mins of the centre with my budget of 900e??

Really??

great advice!!!

maybe you can tell me what areas are there to avoid? Some you can recommend! is it possible to find a nice area within 30mins of the centre with my budget of 900e??

jeeze we are not mind readers. personally i would recommend anywhere between dublin 1 and 8

there are over 1,000 properties for rent in dublin city

are you looking northside, southside?
    do want to be beside the train, dart, luas, buses, bicycle park?
    do you need secure under over ground parking?
    do need to be need a supermarket, schools, hospital church?
    do you need to be near the sea, river, park or mountains/?

are you looking northside, southside?
    Preferably southside

do want to be beside the train, dart, luas, buses, bicycle park?
    Dart or luas but like I said i want to walk to work.

do you need secure under over ground parking?
    No

do need to be need a supermarket, schools, hospital church?
    Supermarket

do you need to be near the sea, river, park or mountains?
    Not too bothered!

Just looking for an overview on areas that are nice and ones that are really dodgy on the southside and that are to avoided. I know nothing about Dublin!

For example I was looking at Island key, East Road, East wall in D3. Nice apartment but is the area safe? How long does it take to get to Oconnell st? Is the walk safe during the day? Is there a supermarket there?

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

- Rathmines,
    - Ranelagh,
    - Harold's Cross,
    - Terenure,
    - Rathfarnham,
    - Stillorgan,
    - Dundrum,
    - Sandyford.

All I can think of off the top of my head really :)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    - Rathmines,
    - Ranelagh,
    - Harold's Cross,
    - Terenure,
    - Rathfarnham,
    - Stillorgan,
    - Dundrum,
    - Sandyford.

Thanks. But would it be possible to walk to the centre from all of these or are they on a luas/dart line? Really want to get somewhere within walking distance!

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dundrum/sandyford/leopards town have a million brand new apartments, southside on the luas line. Can't walk to town but all are well served by public transport:)

if you want to go closer to town try the IFSC, Grand Canal Dock, Rathmines, Ranalagh, Smithfield

All safe enough areas yes?

coolio! thanks

Know anything about east road, east wall over there by clontarf i think? Is this safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    - Rathmines,
    - Ranelagh, - luas/walking distance
    - Harold's Cross, walking distance
    - Terenure, frequent buses
    - Rathfarnham, frequent buses
    - Stillorgan, luas
    - Dundrum,luas
    - Sandyford.luas

Thanks. But would it be possible to walk to the centre from all of these or are they on a luas/dart line? Really want to get somewhere within walking distance!

Your not going to get many places very modern in the rathmines/ranelagh area, there are only a few places within that area, but the others are all within 25-30 min of stephens green and safe areas to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Spencer dock?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Try the docklands for modern apartments and a ~20 minute walk to city centre. alternatively take a look at smithfield, also about 20 minutes to the centre, give or take. PM for opinion on specific areas, peoples opinions will differ wildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Spencer Dock, I live there and its exactly as you describe. Walk into Sherry Fitz in Custom House Square and ask them about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

Hi :)

By "double," I take it you mean an apartment with one double bedroom, rather than two separate bedrooms. Silly sounding question, I know, but as there's a considerable difference in price, it helps to clarify.

Also, just where in the City Centre will be working? Despite hoping to walk, there may be times when the Dart or Luas might be necessary. In which case, you'll need to know which train station(s) or Luas Line [Red or Green] to use.

You might find it useful to check out these route maps before determining in which parts of Dublin you want to start looking:

Luas: http://www.luas.ie/interactive-map.html
    Dart: http://irishrail.ie/home/company_information.asp [under "Your Journey", click on "Routes and Maps," then "Dublin Map"]

Hope this helps.

Advertisement