Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will MW3 be good for Battlefield 3 ?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

So I have had my first Battlefield experience with BF3 and I a really liking the whole strategy part of it. Pretty much every time I get killed was my own fault and could have been avoided with proper assessment of the situation.

However, I find that although I try to be a good team mate that there seems to be a huge number of run and guns that are not playing the objective at all. Today for instance I was part of the attack team and on the last two bomb jobbies on the map where you skydive off the cliff there were people pissing about in helicopters rather than helping to breach and clear.

I am not a fantastic player and do die a lot but I always try to spot, keep with the team and play the objective. So when MW3 comes out will a lot of runners and gunners move to that?

I am slagging MW3, I am assuming it is in the same vain as black ops which supports a more aggressive playstyle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    However, I find that although I try to be a good team mate that there seems to be a huge number of run and guns that are not playing the objective at all.

Probably the COD players crossing over - I'd know, I was one of them. Went into it Rambo style and got the ass sh0t off myself! Give it a month or so and we'll learn. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Comms are a must have with BF you need to be on comms with your sqadmates.

The join with party sort of works so we join as a squad and usually find we not in a squad so leave and create one and join it.

Then we whoop ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

@UsernameInUse: Yeah tried that myself the first few times and found myself pretty riddled alright.

@dreamers75: Agree completely, When I get time today I am going to grab a few gamertags and get me some talking buddies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Best thing to do is to get a few people you comfortable with. I know it's not always possible, but you can try.

I am lucky enough to have good few friends to play bf3. We all using vent. So even such run and gun type like squad deathmatch, becomes 100% squad team play like it should be.

When I play solo I rarely get that.

I know there are coders in bf3, but I wouldn't blame people themselves. Cod is like brainwashing machine. Some people found it out and will learn how to play team games properly. Fanboys will go back to mw3. Btw fanboys are not people and you have them on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Id only started playing BF2 when PS3 network crashed, I then moved to Xbox and was really looking forward to BF3, I am crap at it but i love it haha

One or two times I have just hopped into a jet or helicopter and pis*ed about in it to try get the hang of how to fly them! I definitely like objective based games like this though, and i am a die hard COD fan, so i am trying my best to get out of the run and gun way of thinking as i am getting slaughtered out there!

Im now a fan of both games, but BF3 is definitely offering me more in my opinion, i have a good bit to go before im a decent enough player but thats all part of the fun learning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I have to say I agree with you. I'm not great in any way, shape or form but I think I'm a good team player. I'm still slow to react in tight situations so I'm not the best person to run into a gun fight but I'm ok at the tactical side and spotting and defending etc. The problem is you can get stuck with a group of lads who just head off on their own buzz.

The amount of times in Conquest I've seen the first objective be taken, then everyone runs off, second objective has a bit of a fight at it, the opposition take your first objective and you take their first objective. It's like a complete swap except the opposition can now spawn behind you!

Or you're in a good defensive position but it's only good if there are two of you in different directions and there's no way to get someone else with you.

I think I need to play with people I can talk to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

It does get slightly annoying when you are the only one actually trying to take objectives as opposed to just skirtin the map looking for kills. I always end up with a terrible k/d ratio because I tend to try and get stuck into the action and defend/take enemy positions or follow squads of players and play in more of a support role. That's what I love about BF, even though I'm fairly ****e at racking up kills compared to a lot of players, I have often fininshed in the top 6 in a round leaderboard just by playing as support. I've lost count of how many times the bomb has been set by the enemy and not one single person makes an attempt to defuse it. They just run in the opposite direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

mw = arcade shooter for teens / kids.

bf3 = most realistic and best fps shooter ever. imo anyways.

and i played all cod games for years, they ruined the series with mw.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fffp

i think to call modern warfare a game for teens and kids is a bit ridiculous givin the record sales of nearly all the recent games in the series.i'ts just as ridicuous as the xbox is better then ps3 or vice versa argument that pops up all the time.i'ts all about personal prefrence,but that's only an opinion : ) the two games do have distinct differences, i'm a big cod fan but i'm also a fan of the battlefield series.black ops for me was a bit of a let down tbo and even though battlefield wowed me with i'ts realism i'm still not sold on it yet.i'm going to give it every chance.mw is definatly more arcadie and more pick up and play but i'ts getting a bit stagnant for my liking.i'll enjoy battlefield more when i'm not as sh1t as i am atm : )

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

battlefield will never beat cod full stop, i also heard that more people where playing mw2 when battlefield was released, that just shows which is the better game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

ugglasdav wrote: »
    battlefield will never beat cod full stop, i also heard that more people where playing mw2 when battlefield was released, that just shows which is the better game

It will not outsell Call of Duty anytime soon. As for the second statement, fail logic fails

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ugglasdav wrote: »

So according to your sales/play logic Rihanna is better than the Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

copeyhagen wrote: »
    mw = arcade shooter for teens / kids.

bf3 = most realistic and best fps shooter ever. imo anyways.

and i played all cod games for years, they ruined the series with mw.

Lolololol most realistic? You gotta be kidding me :p

COD is an arcade shooter, fair enough. But for just teens and kids? I have seen countless kids playing on BF3, and many of those include those trolls who talk **** on COD videos, COD forum etc. just to get a kick out of it. I honestly don't know why people waste their lives like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

both are very enjoyable games, but battlefield online with a mic and squad playing, is great craic, and probably what will make me choose battlefield overall after MW3 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

So according to your sales/play logic Rihanna is better than the Beatles.

She is!

Advertisement