Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 hour to get from Heuston to the RDS???

Options
  • 31-10-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi

I'm going to the RDS soon and arriving in Hueston by train. The Irish Rail website says it will take 1 hours to get the luas from Hueston to Connolly and the dart from Connolly to sandymount. Is this correct?
    I don't really know Dublin at all but I never thought it would take this long.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hi

I'm going to the RDS soon and arriving in Hueston by train. The Irish Rail website says it will take 1 hours to get the luas from Hueston to Connolly and the dart from Connolly to sandymount. Is this correct?
    I don't really know Dublin at all but I never thought it would take this long.

Thanks!

LUAS takes about 20 minutes from Heuston to Connolly, bit more included a couple of minutes waiting perhaps. Then waiting for a Dart for a few minutes plus the journey, an hour doesn't sound too out of the question.

There may be a bus that goes reasonably close to it, but I wouldn't know. It's about an hours walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭bbuzz

145 from Heuston to Donnybrook, then walk down Anglesea Rd to the RDS.

Depending on traffic can take anywhere from 30mins to an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

145 is best bet I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Thanks Joe, Buzz and Cookie for the info, think I'll catch the 145!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The bus is your only bet, apart from walking or taking a taxi. The Dart line is closed from Grand Canal Dock to Sydney Parade, due to repairs being done on damage caused during the recent floods. The work is expected to take 2 weeks.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1029/1224306728659.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Another option would be the 145 to O'Connell Bridge / Nassau Street and change to 4/7/8, but the problem is that many of those are very busy due to the DART closure.

Advertisement