Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

That javelin is a beast! Even without someone on the SOFLAM, you can still dominate on it! It's nice too, as it's nigh on impossible to hit any aircraft with the stinger now as most have flares unlocked.

Had a great game of rush yesterday on Canals. I was on the defending team, so the whole squad lined up on the dock and snipers took care of the boats, while the rest of us javelined any MPC's or helis that came our way. :D It was spamtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Had a great laugh with the non-noob shotgun M1014 the other day, kicked ass. Killed 5 guys with 5 shots in 5 seconds on Seine Crossing, was epic.

Went 22-2 on Tehran Highway the other night up to the second set of bases with the PP-19 but then had to quit cos my little lad wasn't well.... argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

mozattack wrote: »
    my little lad wasn't well.... argh!

Please say you're talking about your son! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Was playing Conquest on Oman as support when I spawn on the Olive Fort point thats being taken by a Venom, he tries to maneuver the minigun guys in my direction while I add some MG36 speed holes to the front of his chopper, I tag the pilot and it goes down like a brick, 4 bad lucks :D

Defending flags - Like a BAWS!

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    I would love Caspian on PS3 if the ticket count was increased, the Caspian games dont last long enough
    Really?
    I find most Caspian conquest games are boring, barely get any kills, it's just too big and there's not enough players on 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Was playing Conquest on Oman as support when I spawn on the Olive Fort point thats being taken by a Venom, he tries to maneuver the minigun guys in my direction while I add some MG36 speed holes to the front of his chopper, I tag the pilot and it goes down like a brick, 4 bad lucks :D

Kingpin187 wrote: »
    I would love Caspian on PS3 if the ticket count was increased, the Caspian games dont last long enough
    Really?
    I find most Caspian conquest games are boring, barely get any kills, it's just too big and there's not enough players on 360.
    I hate Caspian and Kharg on console.Tedious,boring piles of shíte.
    I often just quit as soon as they come up,I wish I could just delete both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I often just quit as soon as they come up,I wish I could just delete both of them.

I like them but I think it would be alot more exciting if we could have 64 man game..

32 players for a map that big just aint good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

It's nice too, as it's nigh on impossible to hit any aircraft with the stinger now as most have flares unlocked.
    Have you managed to take down any jets with the Javelin? I've been trying for the last few games without any success, and just want to find out if it's even possible (or if the missile just 'expires' after a certain time)
    I hope I'm not the only one who read that as "Like a SMAW"... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Robby91 wrote: »
    Have you managed to take down any jets with the Javelin? I've been trying for the last few games without any success, and just want to find out if it's even possible (or if the missile just 'expires' after a certain time)

I hope I'm not the only one who read that as "Like a SMAW"... :o

yup its possible , usually u hit, some good jet pilots can get away thoough

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Javelins are very easy for jets to avoid because they'll move away from the SOFLAM/CITV so quickly, and if you get the lock on I think a jet can outrun a javelin simply by using afterburners - so if they don't have someone on their tail I think they'll get away.

Sadly you will still get idiots like me who spend half their time in a jet making slow attack runs to disable tanks with two rounds of rocket pods, which can make the jet an easy target.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

cambo2008 wrote: »
    hypermuse wrote: »
    I like them but I think it would be alot more exciting if we could have 64 man game..

32 players for a map that big just aint good enough!

I like them as well. An increase in player number would be great for sure though. Wouldn't even have to be 64 man games for us on consoles, 40 man would be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Sharqi about ten minutes ago. Got the Viper at the top of 'E'. None of the snipers up there wanted to gun for some reason so I took off alone. Saw the other team's chopper starting up and flew to the other end of the map to give him a chance, then came back around. We started locking on to each other at about the same time. Accidentally released my flares too early and both his heatseekers slammed into my chopper, breaking my lock before I could fire. He'd still launched his own flares though.

The silly fool instantly wrote me off when he got the points for disabling my chopper and turned his back to fly towards the city. 9% health, falling out of the air, I was still facing him and maintained just enough control over the chopper to get a lock on. His flares were out already, so I fired. Both hit the back of his chopper, and a quick swap to dumb rockets sealed the deal. Jumped out of my own chopper at 1% health, parachuted to 'C' and captured it solo.

Happy days. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Playing Rush on Operation Firestorm today. Was in the SU-25 (A beast and by far the best aircraft in the game.) Was dogfighting with the A-10 and got behind him and raked him with the gun. I disabled the aircraft so the pilot bailed out - right into the path of my aircraft and I got a roadkill for it. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

some_dose wrote: »
    Playing Rush on Operation Firestorm today. Was in the SU-25 (A beast and by far the best aircraft in the game.) Was dogfighting with the A-10 and got behind him and raked him with the gun. I disabled the aircraft so the pilot bailed out - right into the path of my aircraft and I got a roadkill for it. Delighted

Nice one!

I had a few games on Kharg there yesterday with the attack heli (which I must say am a ninja in latley), had one epic game where I got 53 kills, gunner had 87 kills! we got about 3/4 of all our teams kills between us!

Some of the funnier kills which I discovered accidentally, was when a guy was standing out in the open locking on with a stinger, he fires, I use flares. I stay put waiting for the gunner to kill him. he starts locking on again so I panic and squash him by landing on him with my heli. Roadkill! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Rolling around in an Amtrak in a Rush match on Wake Island -- turn a corner and see a crowd of fools milling around firing into the Mil-Comm station's bunker thing.

LS: BOOST

Quad roadkill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Why wasn't I informed of just how much fun being a chopper gunner can be? Had a few games on a Gulf of Oman server over the past few days and, with a good pilot at hand, we pretty much blasted the **** out of everything. Managed to accumulate about 18,000 Attack Heli score over the weekend and tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

These road kills are getting ridiculous. Playing attackers on rush on Kharg, I was picking guys of with the M98B from the deck of the carrier for the first set of coms. After we took them, I jumped into the speedboat and drove over to the beach. I ramped up the beach and flew through the air in the boat, landing on some unlucky fool. Roadkill!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Why wasn't I informed of just how much fun being a chopper gunner can be? Had a few games on a Gulf of Oman server over the past few days and, with a good pilot at hand, we pretty much blasted the **** out of everything. Managed to accumulate about 18,000 Attack Heli score over the weekend and tonight :D

Of course it is, it's easy killings for none of the hard work, and the poor pilot gets minimal points for assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Of course it is, it's easy killings for none of the hard work, and the poor pilot gets minimal points for assists.

QFT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Couldn't stop laughing during a Caspian Rush game last night. Was attacking and got myself a tank just after the first set of mcoms and then pretty much set about destroying their team at the second set of mcoms.

Just in the field by A (?) I was raining shells down on them and using the canister when I'd to reload. About 4/5 minutes of this and they realise RPGs just won't cut it. So, out with the Javelins. They still can't get my tank. One lad then flanks me and chases me around for a bit trying to C4 me until I hop out and kill him. Then another few minutes later my proximity scan reveals 6 guys running around the side of me trying to either C4 or RPG me. After a noble fight to the end they finally got me. 37-9 was the end result of the game, 30 of those in the tank

Bear in mind now that I play on PS3 and it took half of their entire team to try and stop one tank. Pity my distraction wasn't taken advantage of by my useless team :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Couldn't stop laughing during a Caspian Rush game last night. Was attacking and got myself a tank just after the first set of mcoms and then pretty much set about destroying their team at the second set of mcoms.

Just in the field by A (?) I was raining shells down on them and using the canister when I'd to reload. About 4/5 minutes of this and they realise RPGs just won't cut it. So, out with the Javelins. They still can't get my tank. One lad then flanks me and chases me around for a bit trying to C4 me until I hop out and kill him. Then another few minutes later my proximity scan reveals 6 guys running around the side of me trying to either C4 or RPG me. After a noble fight to the end they finally got me. 37-9 was the end result of the game, 30 of those in the tank

Bear in mind now that I play on PS3 and it took half of their entire team to try and stop one tank. Pity my distraction wasn't taken advantage of by my useless team :/

That canister shot is great for wiping out groups of them.I went 42-0 in Davamand Peak Conquest on PS3.The other team didnt know what to do against the canister shot.I just parked at the entrance of the tunnel and murdered them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Have been going after the Complete Soldier achievement for a while now, for those who don't know its a tank kill, a jet kill and an AR kill in one life. After 5 wrecked F35s, 2 near attempts and after shredding some poor fecker who was chuting in with the F35 cannon, I finally get it with 3 tickets to spare! Mother of Jesus it was a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

SeantheMan wrote: »

A good pilot doesn't think about points, just relishes the art of flying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jonny7 wrote: »
    A good pilot doesn't think about points, just relishes the art of flying ;)
    A good pilot flies with clear skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

the_syco wrote: »
    A good pilot flies with clear skies.

A good pilot flies under and dangerously close to every low hanging sign, tightly packed trees and impossible gaps in the game in order to provide maximum visual entertainment for his passenger(s), even at the expensive of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

A good pilot flies under and dangerously close to every low hanging sign, tightly packed trees and impossible gaps in the game in order to provide maximum visual entertainment for his passenger(s), even at the expensive of their lives.

100% true unless it looks good it ant flying :pac:

A good pilot flies under and dangerously close to every low hanging sign

You know it's going to be a good game when you're flying low on a road and realise too late that there's a roadsign coming up that crosses the street - but squeeze the Havoc under it without touching the ground.

After that I feel so giddily bulletproof I'm daring people to take me down.

Which normally means I'm 5 seconds away from clipping a lamppost with the rear rotor. Damn comeuppance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I kill those people with my M320's, RPG's, and sniping the pilot... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

the_syco wrote: »
    I kill those people with my M320's, RPG's, and sniping the pilot... :pac:

I will admit there is a special type of joy I associate with taking down a Havoc with the M320.

I suck at sniping the pilot though unless he decides to hover.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Have been going after the Complete Soldier achievement for a while now, for those who don't know its a tank kill, a jet kill and an AR kill in one life. After 5 wrecked F35s, 2 near attempts and after shredding some poor fecker who was chuting in with the F35 cannon, I finally get it with 3 tickets to spare! Mother of Jesus it was a pain!

Getting a proper kill with a jet was a pain alright, all I can say is thank god for the F35's hover and xmas noobs :D

The Jaws one is completely stupid though.

• Advertisement

Getting a proper kill with a jet was a pain alright, all I can say is thank god for the F35's hover and xmas noobs :D

Once you're used to jets I think the F35 is a nightmare to maneuver in a dogfight, and its cannon while powerful looks like a peashooter. If you've got rocket pods and air radar the easiest way to get a quick kill in a jet is watching out for jeeps in conquest (you'll see them on the radar, and you can work out which flag they're heading for). Then you can relax, line up an attack run from a great height and one blast of rocket pods is enough to destroy the vehicle - more often than not they'll be jihad jeeps and won't even take a full barrage before you blow up the C4 on them.

<rant>
    This isn't just for the gamerscore - personally I think jets should always play the objective and I hate seeing spawnkilling and runway patrolling. I played yesterday all game in a jet, went 10-0 and about 8 of those kills were from destroying vehicles on the ground. Not only do rocket pods aid teamwork, it's a lot more productive than just shooting other air support.

That's just me though. I think jets should have a finite number of flares, their engines should stall if you brake too much, they shouldn't have heat seekers, they should glide a lot less when coming in to land and using it as a bumper car against choppers should be a kickable offense. Don't know if many would agree.
    </rant>

Advertisement