Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Its actually kind of funny when they start stealing vehicles on some maps as it leaves them with no-one to fight in the air and completely outnumbered on the ground :pac:

If they are halfway competent they'll take full advantage of the lack of airborne enemies to wreck havoc. Assuming people on the ground are spotting, it isn't at all a challenging prospect to disable tanks using a jet's (un)guided missiles. If there's no enemies in the air to worry about it becomes quite easy.

Fair enough you might end up getting a spawn kill while trying to steal a vehicle but I was talking about concentrating on the spawn kills rather than on the stealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

My favourite thing is the moment-to-moment Shenanigans and unexpected surprises that you get from other people in MP. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbCJMlxQWc&t=4m20s

unexpected surprises that you get from other people in MP.

The only unexpected surprises I get in MP is other people at the objectives with me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningShovel

raze wrote: »
    Also, ECM seems to only delay a lock, it doesn't actually break a lock if someone is in a position to fire, you still need gunner's flares. I agree with you, if I get a lock after the ECM cloud I fire both barrels straight away. On jets ECM seems to be pointless, you've got afterburners and a high ceiling - you can outrun pretty much any laser lock on.

ECM prevents and delays lock-on, it doesn't break it, so if the missiles are locked and in the air it won't do diddly. It can also prevent multiple lock-ons, but the cloud needs to be between you and the would-be-shooter for it to be effective. The main point of ECM I find is buying time to: Drop off troops at objectives/Kill the AA/GTFO/Whatever. As a gunner I run flares on principle, If the Pilot has ECM and the Gunner has Flares I find it's very effective.

Got a decent pilot the other day and went something like 32-1 in Chopper alone on Kharg CQL, with about 4 or 5 Engis trying to take us down. The pattern went something like:

1) Fly over objective.
    2) Get some kills.
    3) Engineers chase us and start locking
    4) Pilot pops ECM, we kill the Engineers, get some more kills.
    5) Engis return with gusto, start locking, Pilot ECMs again while turning.
    6) I drop flares if we get locked, keep suppressing and killing enemy.
    7) Do a lazy circle around our base, come back for more kills.

Was great fun. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Finally decided to dedicate some time to playing in jets, and after an age got to unlocking the heat seekers. God they make flying much more plesant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Most jet pilots don't carry heat seekers, you,ll find after a while its easy enough to shot jets down with your cannon so you can have pods/lock on missile for ground targets.

But if your in a F35 you,ll need them heat seekers that plane ant great at dogfights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You need to get them on the first pass nearly with the F35 else your dead :P
    Me , Shamrock , Protius and Fian were on a server last night....nobody could stay up in the air longer than 30 secs...2 pilots on the other team just destroying everything...probably the best I've seen ingame tbh. (i'll have to dig up their stats)...so we just went off as a C4 squad instead :P

Just dug 1 up : http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/CriSir/vehicles/174344729/pc/

96 hours and near 4,800 kills in jets !!
    23 Air Warfare Medals
    708 Air Warfare Ribbons
    1796 Disable Vehicle Ribbons
    2033 Anti Vehicle Ribbons

and he was 1 of a pair , in the same clan !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You need to get them on the first pass nearly with the F35 else your dead :P
    Me , Shamrock , Protius and Fian were on a server last night....nobody could stay up in the air longer than 30 secs...2 pilots on the other team just destroying everything...probably the best I've seen ingame tbh. (i'll have to dig up their stats)

Creeping other peoples Battlelogs.A personal hobby of mine.:o

Chavways wrote: »
    Creeping other peoples Battlelogs.A personal hobby of mine.:o

Never do. Only checked it now that I was reminded of him, unreal he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never do. Only checked it now that I was reminded of him, unreal he was.

C4ing a plane or Chopper in the air is the ultimate kill.

Has to be a way.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

C4 a jet, get someone on your tail, fly straight up, other jet will hopefully follow, bail and detonate C4. Its fecking tough to do (only have 1 kill from it) but its class!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dreamers75 wrote: »
    C4ing a plane or Chopper in the air is the ultimate kill.

Has to be a way.....
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    C4 a jet, get someone on your tail, fly straight up, other jet will hopefully follow, bail and detonate C4. Its fecking tough to do (only have 1 kill from it) but its class!

I got a chopper after bailing from a burning huey. Opened the chute, Havoc was hovering below me so I whip out the C4, lay it down as I pass over him. Then once clear I detonated. Didn't even know I thought that fast tbh. Was just one of those moments.

If you think this is not fun...you will just have to

( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

C4 yourself

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

In bfbc2 vietnam.. my friend would C4 up our chopper, making sure to put it in all the dark areas.. then I'd fly it over their main spawn, badly damaged, "crash land" it and start repairing desperately - I'd of course get shot..

The whole time, my friend.. on the hill.. would be waiting.. watching.. seeing it fill up..

then when it was in the air.. boom.

Tried to do the same on craggy but no one took the bait

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Jonny7 wrote: »
    In bfbc2 vietnam.. my friend would C4 up our chopper, making sure to put it in all the dark areas.. then I'd fly it over their main spawn, badly damaged, "crash land" it and start repairing desperately - I'd of course get shot..

The whole time, my friend.. on the hill.. would be waiting.. watching.. seeing it fill up..

Free_17c30d_418467.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i wonder why , cough, cough, Awesome, cough :P

i was accused of being a hacker yesterday when instead of taking it, i layed C4 on the only APC in a deathmatch round and let the enemy take it , let it fill up a bit and boom 4 kills i did it 5 times they were going mental saying they were gonna report me as a hacker, how was i on the other side of the map and still killing them etc etc , muppets :D i had to actually explain what i was doing before they would believe me , but at least i had my fun and 15 kills :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Brilliant must try this if im ever arsed to play SQDM again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Brilliant must try this if im ever arsed to play SQDM again.

After slogging through like 100 games to find 5 competent squads to win with, not sure If I can ever look at SQDM again...

After slogging through like 100 games to find 5 competent squads to win with, not sure If I can ever look at SQDM again...

haha i know what you mean i joined on a mate of mine who was playing it without checking , and instantly went " ah ****e fecking deathmatch " and then decided to take the piss with C4 , was good fun actually , when you dont care if you win or not :p

Finally managed to flatten someone with the Skid Loader today. Ecstatic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

i wonder why , cough, cough, Awesome, cough :P

There's only one way to stop Awesome

Jaws_smile.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

There's only one way to stop Awesome

scaled.php?server=51&filename=bonk.jpg&res=medium

Fixed!

Mossay wrote: »
    Fixed!

bwahahaha , :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally finished the campaign after constantly getting side tracked by the multiplayer.
    Tis a shame how campaign gets less important these days it was really enjoyable and fun to play although it was a bit easy to predict what way it would pan out. Ill definately be giving it a replay sometime

chucktesta wrote: »
    Fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally finished the campaign after constantly getting side tracked by the multiplayer.
    Tis a shame how campaign gets less important these days it was really enjoyable and fun to play although it was a bit easy to predict what way it would pan out. Ill definately be giving it a replay sometime

Agreed, I love a good campaign and it annoys me that they're less important these days.

I enjoyed the BF3 campaign but honestly, I enjoyed the MW3 campaign more. They were both pretty predictable except for one or two moments but the ending for BF3's campaign was a let down for me. Maybe I missed something obvious but as far as I could tell they didn't wrap it up properly.
    Did the nuke go off or not?

Think the fact you get no unlocks for Campaign shows what Dice thinks of it. If they had off made 2 or 3 guns unlockable from it everyone would play it.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Think the fact you get no unlocks for Campaign shows what Dice thinks of it. If they had off made 2 or 3 guns unlockable from it everyone would play it.

Well at least it's short...

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something obvious but as far as I could tell they didn't wrap it up properly.
    Did the nuke go off or not?
    The one in Paris did, you beat the face off yer man in New York and opened the canister and it was there.

Played 5 rounds of SQDM yesterday won them all in a row :p

They could easily make Squad orientated games more varied and fun.
    SQDM i find to be 1 team of snipers , 1 team of randomers who are useless, 1 decent team who will kill lots but die lots and 1 team usually a clan or something.

But they could implement gametypes like King of Hill, or capture points or any of the variants that are out there is similar multiplayer games to make squad games more interesting.

I guess it's just a side thing though, so they wouldn't dedicate time to it, as its not really what BF is about.

• Advertisement

They could easily make Squad orientated games more varied and fun.
    SQDM i find to be 1 team of snipers , 1 team of randomers who are useless, 1 decent team who will kill lots but die lots and 1 team usually a clan or something.

But they could implement gametypes like King of Hill, or capture points or any of the variants that are out there is similar multiplayer games to make squad games more interesting.

I guess it's just a side thing though, so they wouldn't dedicate time to it, as its not really what BF is about.

Squad King of the Hill would be awesome. Don't think it'd be that difficult to implement either. Just Conquest with one flag.

Advertisement