Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

The one in Paris did, you beat the face off yer man in New York and opened the canister and it was there.
    I know the Paris one did. The one in New York though, he opens the container and it's right in front of him and it ends with him looking at it. Doesn't actually say whether or not the day was saved, could still have gone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Doesn't actually say whether or not the day was saved, could still have gone off.
    Which they probably did so they can continue it in the next game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Decryptor wrote: »
    Which they probably did so they can continue it in the next game. :)

Fair point but if the gap between BF3 and BF4 is anything like the gap between BF2 and BF3, nobody will remember the campaign when it's time to continue. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

All these spoilers remind me that I really need to finish the SP campaign. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

5uspect wrote: »
    All these spoilers remind me that I really need to finish the SP campaign. Ugh.

What single player campaign ?

• Advertisement

The one that sits either side of the Thunder Run tech demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They could easily make Squad orientated games more varied and fun.
    SQDM i find to be 1 team of snipers , 1 team of randomers who are useless, 1 decent team who will kill lots but die lots and 1 team usually a clan or something.

Pretty much how it ended out, me and jigsaw ripped tru the other squads. Got boring very quickly tho.

Finally got KD of 1.0 :pac:

Well not really
    Kills 6 103
    Deaths 6 105
    K/D Ratio 1.0

Dont care tho :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Agreed, I love a good campaign and it annoys me that they're less important these days.

I enjoyed the BF3 campaign but honestly, I enjoyed the MW3 campaign more. They were both pretty predictable except for one or two moments but the ending for BF3's campaign was a let down for me. Maybe I missed something obvious but as far as I could tell they didn't wrap it up properly.
    Did the nuke go off or not?

I got absolutely slated when I posted in the cod forum how it was kind of stupid to not even touch the SP campaign if you are looking for value in a game, same for bf3 IMO. I only got about halfway, Im guesstimating, in the mw3 campaign but the flinch from getting shot was annoying me too much so packed it in, will eventually get back to it at some point. Can already tell I prefer bf3 campign though.

As for the ending of the game Ive no idea, God i hate cliffhangers haha

chucktesta wrote: »
    I got absolutely slated when I posted in the cod forum how it was kind of stupid to not even touch the SP campaign if you are looking for value in a game, same for bf3 IMO. I only got about halfway, Im guesstimating, in the mw3 campaign but the flinch from getting shot was annoying me too much so packed it in, will eventually get back to it at some point. Can already tell I prefer bf3 campign though.
    I actually preferred all the COD campaigns over the BF ones. BF rules on multiplayer though.

• Advertisement

Finally finished the assignments, the At kills and DPV were a slog. I dont noob tube so all my rocket kills were tanks or vehicles, last one was a bit sneaky. Some lad threw C4 on a tank and for some reason waited. Gave me enough time to lead the tank and hit with one shot triple kill :D

DPV was a pain in the hole went 0-14 trying to get the last one on Wake :(

One coop mission and then the near impossible task of getting the last 3 sniper rifles without using a sniper rifle ahead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finally got KD of 1.0 :pac:

Well not really

Dont care tho :pac::pac:

Kills 7 007
    Deaths 4 810
    K/D Ratio 1.457
    Time played:157H 27M

:D

Better than my BFBC2 stats
    Score: 394,099
    Kills: 1,380
    Deaths: 1,457
    K/D Ratio: 0.95
    Time: 51h 49m

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I love the MP7 w/ laser sight. Such a beast of a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I seem to be smashing through the colonel ranks now. I seem to be hitting medals every other round as everything is starting to properly build up. Trying to get my melee medal now. 21 ribbons and 430 knife kills. Should probably have a better ratio of ribbons to kills but I really need to push to get 4 in a round. Not the easiest thing to do, for me anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Join a Caspian Server, use recon class, silenced sks, mav, mobile spawn. Concentrate on the forrest, hilltop and gas station areas. Use your Mav to spot people then flank them to get up behind them for their tags.

We have found Jesus Tank. Drive a T90 across the sea on Wake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I unlocked the mortar.

I used the mortar.

I got called a n00b and a hacker.

I laughed and hugged my mortar. :)

then the server changed to Metro :(

(yes, I know people hate mortars but I dont sit in one place, I move about and use it to support flag attacks and defenses - and to stop enemy tanks from camping intersections)

LoLth wrote: »
    then the server changed to Metro :(
    There is a place in metro where you can mortar...dunno where it is though.

Decryptor wrote: »
    There is a place in metro where you can mortar...dunno where it is though.

First set of escalators from the russian side

If you're on the US side you can mortar from the bottom of those to the cafe area

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Join a Caspian Server, use recon class, silenced sks, mav, mobile spawn. Concentrate on the forrest, hilltop and gas station areas. Use your Mav to spot people then flank them to get up behind them for their tags.

Cheers mate, this helped a lot. Got the medal last night. 515 knife kills now. Time to attempt to get semi-decent and flying choppers.

• Advertisement

Ah C4.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

aaronh007 wrote: »
    First set of escalators from the russian side

Yeah but its a glitch.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Yeah but its a glitch.

Well obviously... you're inside a building mortaring to the outside. You're still able to do it though.

Loving the hand cannon atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Loving the hand cannon atm

Noob :p and to think you only tried it to keep me quiet / put me in my place :D

I assume you mean the USAS. It's hard not to use it on close quarters maps like Rush, Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I assume you mean the USAS. It's hard not to use it on close quarters maps like Rush, Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar.
    I figured he meant the .44 magnum, that thing is gas :D
    Dissapointed that there's no tags for the scoped version though so I'm working on 100 with the classic :cool:

The scoped .44 magnum is outrageous. It even looks like something from a James Bond film. It's what Dirty Harry uses to go hunting.

nah its the .44 im on about , he only started using it because i called him a noob for killing me with the M9 :D so i challenged him to use the REX and then the .44 , but it has backfired on me a bit :(
    great gun though insta kill at close range if you aim anywhere near the head :cool:

• Advertisement

We have found Jesus Tank. Drive a T90 across the sea on Wake

haha that was brilliant , was a real eureka moment that night :D, was able to do it on seine crossing aswell , but totally useless there

unfortunately they are getting rid of this in the patch

Advertisement