Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

The scoped .44 magnum is outrageous. It even looks like something from a James Bond film. It's what Dirty Harry uses to go hunting.
    There was a similar gun in one of the Mad Max films, I think thats where it comes from, appears in the newest Fallout games too :)

600px-MM-S%26W29-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone notice extra Battlelog buddies? i seem to grow a new every day but dont get an add requests or send any :confused:

Finally got my jet service star and unlocked beam scanning, its awesome! :D
    I was playing Oman conquest firing off heat seekers like crazy, line up a jet and fire one to get his flares then your locked on again way before his flares recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Just played the best game of Battlefield I've ever managed. I'll be grinning for the rest of the day. :D

800 ticket game of Métro Conquest, as US.

Helped capture at least 8 flags. Got 58 kills to 24 deaths. Got 76% accuracy. 10k Engineer score, 20 ribbons added to that makes 17k total score. Won with almost 500 tickets to spare. 39 870MCS kills. The best bit though? Sixteen pairs of dog tags for my collection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Just played the best game of Battlefield I've ever managed. I'll be grinning for the rest of the day. :D

800 ticket game of Métro Conquest, as US.

Helped capture at least 8 flags. Got 58 kills to 24 deaths. Got 76% accuracy. 10k Engineer score, 20 ribbons added to that makes 17k total score. Won with almost 500 tickets to spare. 39 870MCS kills. The best bit though? Sixteen pairs of dog tags for my collection. :D

Best games all round today. Went 68-14 on a Kharg Island server.Joined late and trounced everyone.Between medals and ribbons ended up with 90000 points from the match.Got 18000 from tanks alone.I am delighted.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/38937374/4/188421376/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

killed 69 people in one game of rush last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

The new suppression mechanic is fantastic, as is the PKP Pecheneg. I'm running around spraying from the hip, and getting suppression assists all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd imagine it's amazing if your idea of a good game is running around spraying a machine gun from the hip while somehow causing everyone within fifty feet to see like a 95 year old.

I play well enough when not doing it too, I just think it's fun. There's actually a point to suppression now. I was on Seine Crossing earlier and managed to suppress a group of enemies who were running up the hill towards D flag while my team-mates killed them. Is that not the point of suppression? I managed just over 40 kills and under 15 deaths in that game too. Finished in second place with over 10000 points. I got two Suppression Assist ribbons also, which was an anomaly pre-patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DapperGent wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's amazing if your idea of a good game is running around spraying a machine gun from the hip while somehow causing everyone within fifty feet to see like a 95 year old.
    G.J. wrote: »
    I play well enough when not doing it too, I just think it's fun. There's actually a point to suppression now. I was on Seine Crossing earlier and managed to suppress a group of enemies who were running up the hill towards D flag while my team-mates killed them. Is that not the point of suppression? I managed just over 40 kills and under 15 deaths in that game too. Finished in second place with over 10000 points. I got two Suppression Assist ribbons also, which was an anomaly pre-patch.

Have to agree with GJ, a decent squad one will provide cover fire whilst the rest kill.

Its a mechanic that works quite well in a decent squad. Im getting used to it now and kinda like it, run and gun players are better off not joining squads.

But you really should be on comms with your squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i shot down my first helicopter with a rpg :D at last I howled my mate was like what did you not just see that :D awesome

Actually, I'll give a few scenarios that I have gotten into that have made me think this new mechanic is great. I'll give a pre-patch scenario too.
    You're running to capture a flag, and there's a decent sniper perched up in a room looking over the objective. Most people who run into his line of sight get killed.

Pre-patch: You'd most likely need someone to switch to an engineer to rocket the building or switch to recon to kill him. If you tried to shoot up at him with an LMG, he'd get a little suppressed, but he'd probably back off to a position where the suppression effect isn't working and snipe you.

Post-patch: Have someone hose down the position to suppress the sniper while your teammates move in for the kill/objective.

I suppose you could say that could have worked pre-patch, but it wouldn't have been nearly as effective.
    It's you and another one of your squadmates. You turn a corner and notice an overwhelming number of enemies coming towards you.

Pre-patch: Pull off some crazy jumps and dodges and manage to kill every single one. Or die within seconds of turning the corner.

Post-patch: Hip fire your LMG in their direction to lay down suppressing fire while your squadmate takes down your disoriented enemies.

I'm not picking these scenarios out of thin air either, it's from games that I've played since the patch came in. I've survived formerly inescapable situations thanks to this mechanic, and that's why I'm loving it. It's not a case of shoot first, kill first anymore. You actually have to be a little more careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

First example: Same pre patch and after patch kill the sniper why suppress him just kill him.

Second example: Same as pre patch and after patch dont run around corners if u do ur dead most of the time instead peek and own them noobs.

Suppression has a place but at the min its a bit over powered

Maybe I haven't played enough yet to see the negatives of it yet, but it didn't seem that bad when I was being shot at yesterday. It seemed to last a little longer than usual, but when I had that specialization that lessens the suppressive effect, it didn't seem too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

M249 + Bipod = pure beaut. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I had 4 suppression ribbons prior to the patch which I took down last night. Played a few rounds and I now have 10. Was mostly using the P90 so it's not like I was spraying with an LMG.

I've been testing out some of the 'changed' weapons. The AN-94 is quite beastly now, I must say. As is the Pecheneg.

I also just spent a game on Kharg running around shooting tanks and helicopters with my pistol. Only died five times. So much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

G.J. wrote: »
    I also just spent a game on Kharg running around shooting tanks and helicopters with my pistol. Only died five times. So much fun.

Had an unbelievable game in the jets earlier. 1000 ticket game on Kharg, 31 killstreak, 42 kills overall with the Hornet. Taking out tanks, jets, jeeps, choppers, was pretty happy with how everything went.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Was doing Rush in Grand Bazaar yesterday. Defending the one box in the small room just off the alleyway. The whole team were there. I just kept throwing down ammo boxes and constantly throwing grenades. Another medic in there kept resuscitating everyone who got killed. 12 of us in a tiny room for easily 10 minutes just throwing grenades and dying, but everybody being revived.

I also have a set of Dolby digital headphones, which really helped the atmosphere :D

• Advertisement

Started using the M26 shotgun last night and racked up the quickest 200 kills of my life, thing is a beast especially with the extra range of dart rounds.
    Its like having an underslung 870, I wasn't even bothering with the AK-74 it was attached to!
    I'm guessing they buffed the fire rate as I remember it being pretty useless, only problem seems to be poor hipfire, you really need to ADS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Started using the M26 shotgun last night and racked up the quickest 200 kills of my life, thing is a beast especially with the extra range of dart rounds.
    Its like having an underslung 870, I wasn't even bothering with the AK-74 it was attached to!
    I'm guessing they buffed the fire rate as I remember it being pretty useless, only problem seems to be poor hipfire, you really need to ADS.
    Turns out this is a new bug, if you use heavy barrel with M26 MASS & DART underslung instead of firing 12 pellets it does the damage of 12 bullets from the attached gun :rolleyes:

Yes, I've been noticing that I've been killed by it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Turns out this is a new bug, if you use heavy barrel with M26 MASS & DART underslung instead of firing 12 pellets it does the damage of 12 bullets from the attached gun :rolleyes:

well that explains a lot, was playing metro tonight on the first set of Mcoms and was at one side of the circular paved area while someone with an underslung mass one shot killed me from the opposite side of the area. I was on 100% health. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

*moved :)

I don't know where else to put this, hope it's not a repost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Chorcai wrote: »

I don't know where else to put this, hope it's not a repost

Maybe here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056409736&page=11

Tripled my longest headshot ever today. Never really use recon but was on Gulf of Oman but spawned on a beacon on one of those buildings you can only get to by parashoot. Picked up somebody's sniping kit and sniped a guy out of a chopper from 1165m away. I am now going to retire from sniping as I will never beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I feel sorry for those who have not experience the joy of TV missiles.
    As long as there isn't a jet harassing you, you are basically god.

It's amazing, I randomly pick an enemy base...press F to spot...someone pops up..and TV missile away.
    Tanks, AA, Choppers...all 1 shot kills.

I wish more people would unlock it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I unlocked it recently and its great fun when there is no jets just need more chances to use it though :)

Advertisement