Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those who have not experience the joy of TV missiles.
    As long as there isn't a jet harassing you, you are basically god.

It's amazing, I randomly pick an enemy base...press F to spot...someone pops up..and TV missile away.
    Tanks, AA, Choppers...all 1 shot kills.

I wish more people would unlock it :D

Im gonna have to get in a chopper with you sometime to try this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those who have not experience the joy of TV missiles.
    As long as there isn't a jet harassing you, you are basically god.

It's amazing, I randomly pick an enemy base...press F to spot...someone pops up..and TV missile away.
    Tanks, AA, Choppers...all 1 shot kills.

I wish more people would unlock it :D

Its great when it works, really great in fact, but controls like an absolute mare on the PS3. One slight movement trying to get it to go either up or down sends it into the heavens or into the ground. Pardon the pun, but unless you're directly in line with what you're aiming for, it is very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Its great when it works, really great in fact, but controls like an absolute mare on the PS3. One slight movement trying to get it to go either up or down sends it into the heavens or into the ground. Pardon the pun, but unless you're directly in line with what you're aiming for, it is very hit and miss.

Ahh the joys of PC, it's amazing with a mouse...though ye have to have the sensitivity correct..but when it is...infantry are even done for :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ahhh the joys of playing with your fiends and one annoying little bird pilot

soflam and javlins :)

just the best way to start a game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Well it looks like in the next few weeks, the TV missle is going to be nerfed - no longer a one-hit-kill with tanks. Will still be one-hit-kill with choppers AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Haha! Cool little site that tells you what's dodgy about some players. My assists are dodgy :(

http://cheatometer.hedix.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Haha! Cool little site that tells you what's dodgy about some players. My assists are dodgy :(

Nothing for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Decryptor wrote: »
    Well it looks like in the next few weeks, the TV missle is going to be nerfed - no longer a one-hit-kill with tanks. Will still be one-hit-kill with choppers AFAIK.
    There's a server update for it today: Consoles PC

Console Changelist
    * Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
    * Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
    * Tweaked tank armor strength
    * MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
    * Game server stability fixes

No no no no no no !!!

LEAVE MY TV MISSILE ALONE !!!!...aww...was fun while it lasted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

HAH!
    My VAL headshot rate is 36%!
    Happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I show as completely clean. Wish I'd known about your dodginess before we modded you.

haha! I'll try to keep my assist hack under wraps for the time being :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

seriously

No one checked Kittenrescue

well I did

Suspicious Stats

Class Weapon Stats Name Stats Value
    Recon MK11 Headshot/Kill-Percentage 87.22

:D

Suspicious stats :

Kittenrescue shaped Arsegroove on the seat of the tank

There's a server update for it today: Consoles PC

Console Changelist
    * Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
    * Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
    * Tweaked tank armor strength
    * MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
    * Game server stability fixes

Fixing that piece of crap MASS would be nice. Sick of seeing everyone, and I'm not exaggerating there, everyone using the fcuking thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Having now got my service star with it I am equally disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ptfo servers are the job, one great thing about server renting on consoles.

93r is a serrrrrrious secondary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i showed up as being dodgy for headshots on 5 different guns :cool::D

pity it doesn't work anymore as metabans are gone now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Smithey88

Random question, might as well post it here.

I play Battlefield 3 on my xbox 360. Is there more vehicles on the pc version? seeing as how more players are in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Smithey88 wrote: »
    Random question, might as well post it here.

I play Battlefield 3 on my xbox 360. Is there more vehicles on the pc version? seeing as how more players are in the match.

Yeah there's more with more players.Usually on the 64 player servers on vehicle maps there's an AA gun on both sides and a few more tanks.Still only 1 chopper and 2 jets though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Smithey88

Chavways wrote: »
    Yeah there's more with more players.Usually on the 64 player servers on vehicle maps there's an AA gun on both sides and a few more tanks.Still only 1 chopper and 2 jets though.

Thanks man.

Have to admit Battlefield 3 pc multiplayer sounds awesome. I can only imagine 64 players on Metro must be insane! :eek:

Smithey88 wrote: »
    Thanks man.

Have to admit Battlefield 3 pc multiplayer sounds awesome. I can only imagine 64 players on Metro must be insane! :eek:

Its the biggest disaster of an online gamemode ever.Endless grenades coming up the stairs and unless your team is any way competant you get pushed all the way back to spawn and get spawntrapped for 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Same as on consoles then with fewer grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Its the biggest disaster of an online gamemode ever.
    This is the truest statement here. It defies belief as to why most players love it and play it 24/7.

Decryptor wrote: »
    This is the truest statement here. It defies belief as to why most players love it and play it 24/7.

Cos people think they're l33t running around with an M26 Dart and getting a K/D of a bazillion

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Cos people think they're l33t running around with an M26 Dart and getting a K/D of a bazillion

Or they resort to sniping when they are being spawntrapped.I can't understand their logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Or they resort to sniping when they are being spawntrapped.I can't understand their logic.

yeah thats really annoying especially on rush on metro, i can understand a bit of covering while a squad runs up but i was on last night and nearly half the team (6 or 7 players) were sniping leaving the rest to try and power through.

Needless to say it didn't work!

but seeing this is sunshine and lollypops i better say i fecking love when a teams mortors take out their own choppers.

don't get me wrong i love mortors and helis when they are used properly but funny as hell when they don't!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Love steamrollering opponents comfortably and we do that fairly easily for the most part, but you really can't beat those games where you have absolutely no right of winning yet do.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Love steamrollering opponents comfortably and we do that fairly easily for the most part, but you really can't beat those games where you have absolutely no right of winning yet do.

I seem to be the one getting steamrolled lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Jumped into the AH in the RU spawn on Oman. Instantly had the head taken off me by some d**khead camping nearby with an L96. Spawned back into the base as Recon, pulled out the MAV and sent it straight up. Spotted him lying 50ft away after a few seconds and went around the back of the base.

Hehe, another pair of tags for the collection. :)

Advertisement