Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I mastered the art of landing a jet and taxi-ing it around the runway. It's surprisingly addictive. XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

G.J. wrote: »
    I mastered the art of landing a jet and taxi-ing it around the runway. It's surprisingly addictive. XD

Wait til you try capping bases hovering in the f35... so many lives wasted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Wait til you try capping bases hovering in the f35... so many lives wasted! :D

Playing ridiculously is a hobby of mine. I just got three kills in a row with the Skid Loader. Score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

G.J. wrote: »

Playing ridiculously is a hobby of mine. I just got three kills in a row with the Skid Loader. Score!

Lol been mowed down by them a few times, the rage you feel is quickly overcome by complete wtf when you see them burning off in the loader! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Had a great game of rush on Damavand Peak earlier. We were attacking and the entire team just swarmed every bomb site, no messing around just a blitzkrieg on the enemy. 5 or 6 engineers including myself swatting the chopper like a fly any time it was up, multiple medics keeping the frontline numbers strong a couple of snipers hanging back and spotting absolutely everything and picking off targets here and there.

The round ended so quickly it was probably only ten minutes or so. There were no defuses, the sites were rushed, armed and protected brilliantly then we moved on to the next. The enemy team,while not bad players, were just overwhelmed. It was definitely one of the best rounds i've played in and I hope to get more games like that every so often.

I bought this game for one reason, and that was to fly a jet. I didn't think it would be such a good game but, despite some flaws, it has continually impressed me since the day I bought it last year and I hope it continues to do so. Now, if only it wasn't published by the devil.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seen the best server rule ever today, no al-quadea gameplay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Jihad jeeps?

That was banned from alot of BF2 and 2142 servers back in the day but they don't seem to be as bad about it in BF3.

My favourite rule was no pistols against tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah or kamikaze jets or rpgs on people!

Odd thing was it was a close quarters server but whatever im sure theres method to his maddness

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The whole Conquest Domination, Double XP, Premium thing is a bit ridiculous.
    I reset my piss poor 340 spm stats and now I'm getting 800 spm over just 7 hours of game play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

5uspect wrote: »
    The whole Conquest Domination, Double XP, Premium thing is a bit ridiculous.
    I reset my piss poor 340 spm stats and now I'm getting 800 spm over just 7 hours of game play.
    Yeah, mine has doubled from it was. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Was playing Wake Island the other night at a few good of us on it playing conquest.

1 squad in 2 tanks working together are near unstoppable! It was hilarious fighting AT soldiers that were hiding in the rocks. The tank suppresses them with the main gun while the gunner hops out and hunts for their tags.

Great fun altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Meant to say that I noticed iColdfusion on our server the other night. Some good games were had. Your K/D was scary :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Fecking rampage!

just came off 2 rounds on a 1000 ticket server in metro was medic for ages heaps of heals and revives then we lost b and i switched to support.

my trusty PKP then helped take that nasty corner just inside the door, the pushed on to the corridor and put down i think 2 million or so rounds wiping out a squad and then pushed on with help to clear out B again.

had counted 15 kills (granted with a few revives to help) and countless assists and suppression assists before 4 grenades dropped around me knew i didn't have a chance to kept fire at the steps at the back before going out in a firestorme.

got 52000 points that round!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Meant to say that I noticed iColdfusion on our server the other night. Some good games were had. Your K/D was scary :eek:
    Yeah that was good fun, #boomtown is in my favourites so I jump on whenever I can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah that was good fun, #boomtown is in my favourites so I jump on whenever I can :D
    Yeah, noticed your name in our squad. You must jump into the party if you're on again.

The server is fairly streaky with periods of inactivity followed by a couple of days of being full.

I got the Deadly Tools achievement (get a kill with a rocket launcher, Carbine and pistol in one life) today on Metro, not that I was looking to get it purposely but it is one of the funniest thing to happen to me on BF3.

It was a game of conquest, and the enemy were taking our flag at the platform (flag C). All 24 players must have been fighting for the flag and I joined the fray just in time to see an enemy run into the room that leads towards our spawn at the trains.

I jumped into the room after him and seen him hiding in the corner so I let loose with my SCAR-L and missed the fecker altogether, while he missed me as well. Cue him reloading, so I try to knife him but only get one hit to take 50% of his health, then for some reason he tries to knife me, misses me and I pull out my pistol and empty a clip into him and he dies.

If anyone was watching, two eijits jumping around the room swinging knives like lunatics when we had perfectly good side-arms at our disposal! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

On a Back to Karkand server, taking turns between myself and a mate. I was using the M26 SLUG (fantastic little thing :D) the previous game and my mate decided to give it a go. He was trying to hit a sniper with it but couldn't pull it off.

He readjusted his aim but the sniper moved. He tried to follow the sniper with the sight, lost sight of him for a second and moved the scope to try and find him. Just as he moved the scope, my dog hit his hand looking for a rub. It hit my friend's finger and forced him to press R1. The shot hit the sniper in the head as he popped back up.

Essentially, my dog sniped a sniper. :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

see... A mans best friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

hypermuse wrote: »
    see... A mans best friend!
    Correct.A cat would have knocked you into the path of an RPG.....fact!!

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Essentially, my dog sniped a sniper. :pac: :cool:

DSC04310.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Best game ever last night. Playing Conquest on Kharg Island. 6 of my regular game buddies all mic'd up and the rest of the team was made up of quality players. A real back and forth battle with the other team, ended up gaining and losing the lead about 5 times over the course of the fight (800 tickets).

The game had everything with some really good pilots, tank drivers and solid team work and tactics from both teams. Endless running and gunning between Bravo and Charlie with Alpha and Delta stay largely static, only changing hands occassionally when we would take Delta to pull some of their guys off B and C and they would do the same to us at A.

Myself and a buddy went on a Havok rampage, racking up 4 Jets, 3 Heli's, 5 tanks and about 20 infantry before they finally brought us down with a Soflam and a barrage of Javelins.

The last 5 minutes of the match were literally neck and neck and played out like a death match for C and B. In the end we lost by 1 damn ticket but for 30 minutes after the game people on both sides were messaging each other and setting up a rematch for later tonight. :) The entire other team is now on my PSN Friends list. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Best game ever last night. Playing Conquest on Kharg Island. 6 of my regular game buddies all mic'd up and the rest of the team was made up of quality players. A real back and forth battle with the other team, ended up gaining and losing the lead about 5 times over the course of the fight (800 tickets).

The game had everything with some really good pilots, tank drivers and solid team work and tactics from both teams. Endless running and gunning between Bravo and Charlie with Alpha and Delta stay largely static, only changing hands occassionally when we would take Delta to pull some of their guys off B and C and they would do the same to us at A.

Myself and a buddy went on a Havok rampage, racking up 4 Jets, 3 Heli's, 5 tanks and about 20 infantry before they finally brought us down with a Soflam and a barrage of Javelins.

The last 5 minutes of the match were literally neck and neck and played out like a death match for C and B. In the end we lost by 1 damn ticket but for 30 minutes after the game people on both sides were messaging each other and setting up a rematch for later tonight. :) The entire other team is now on my PSN Friends list. lol

whats your PSN man? I wouldnt mind getting in on that action..

Mine is same as username here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Ha-ha, best ever (fluke) last night:

Chasing a tank in the Flanker jet on caspian border (PS3 CQ) and went to low and was going to hit a tree so bailed but landed the jet.

Decided to put down some ATM mines in front of the jet and some dope on the other team got in, pulled off and BANG!

=> ATM kills Jet pilot <=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Was playing on Firestorm yesterday and I was just after knifing one of the admins at D on a server I usually play on (they're used to it at this stage :)), decided I get in the jeep usually parked at D and BOOM! The lad I knifed had just placed mines down in front of the jeep before I killed him. Karma's a bitch. Good idea though.

Just got my Jack of All Trades dog tag. Was finishing up the location scout assignment and got my last headshot on a dude as he was parachuting in. :D Sent him a message to thank him, expecting a cutting reply over it. lol

Also, big thanks to LA_Desert_Storm_98 for completely loosing the plot after I tagged him in the middle of a massive firefight last night. He had been holding it down for his team, but after he went all Rambo trying to get my tags we snagged the win.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

My self and a teammate were trying to take out a tank last night, the driver killed my mate but I just managed to dive behind a rock.

Close to death I poke head back out ready to deliver the killer RPG shot when the driver hops out of his tank and starts to repair it. So being the gentleman I am, I hop in the tank, run him over and proceed to rape his team with said tank.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Absolutley loving the JNG-90 right now, very similar to the l96 in terms of performance but there's something about it I love. Seems like the action is a lot meatier and louder. Looks an awful lot like the ashbury asw338.

On a side note, anyone know whats up with the camo section for the weapons? Will these be avail at a later date through premium soldier upgrades? Would love a tan camo on the JNG-90

Anybody using the SKS at the moment? Monster gun. My whole squad equipped them last night for the laugh and we ran up nearly 500 kills on Rush on Metro between us. We actually let the other team have the first set of M-Coms just so we could stay killing them. We had two with mid range scopes and two with red dots and the gun works extremely well at either long range or close quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i only discovered the joy of the SKS there recently enough,

reminds me of COD2 (way back when) and the rifles they had in that. nagant i think was one of them and the Enfield.

I use it in the same way with no scope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I'm such a heartless bastard. ^^

Playing Conquest on Tehran. Got in the Vodnik at 'B' for a little added protection as I was capturing it alone. Shot a Recon player dead when he tried to trick me into thinking he was planting C4 and then the Vodnik got hit in the back with an RPG. I jumped out and circled around, where I found the Engineer who fired the RPG fixing the damage to the Vodnik for his own use.

I calmly sat behind him for about ~15 seconds while he did his job. When I guessed that the Vodnik was more or less repaired, I stepped forward, took his tags and got back to manning the .50. :D

...Then I reversed over another Recon guy for good measure.

Advertisement