Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

If that I was me, 1 of 2 things would have happened:

1: I'd wait like you did and as soon as I moved to take his tags I'd be shot dead

or

2: Just as I get to him to take the tags some b@stard sniper will just shoot him dead, leaving me swinging my knife at thin air!

Happens me a lot, now I just shoot them on sight!

One of my favourite things to do is on maps like Seine, in the apartments is to draw the enemies attention when I am on the first floor, shooting down into the flag at the back streets.This draws the enemy into the building and when I see them making a move for the door I jump out the window and knife them on the way up the stairs!

I'm like a ghost I tell ya! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

One of my favourite things to do is on maps like Seine, in the apartments is to draw the enemies attention when I am on the first floor, shooting down into the flag at the back streets.This draws the enemy into the building and when I see them making a move for the door I jump out the window and knife them on the way up the stairs!

Nice one! :D

Reminds me of a guy I saw doing something similar, only he dropped a block of C4 every time someone approached the door. He pretty much single handedly defended the most active of the three doors leading to an MCOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The Spas is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Just finished a Deathmatch on Tehran Highway. There were four guys all prone at the mountain spawn thinking it was impossible to come in behind them. They were wrong, I got behind them and knifed them all (bear in mind they had pretty much held down the entire ****ing match at this point and it was just boring as ****, hence me going after them).

So I take all their tags, then set up behind their spawn becons and shoot them all again as they spawn in. I figure these guys are pretty dumb so I drop C4 all around the spawn becons (which were quite close together) as I reckon they will all try and spawn in at the same time to get me.

Sure enough, they all pop in and I blow the C4, 4 more bodies in the win column for me.

Just got a message off one of them calling me a dick. So apparently it's fine to sit in a spot you think no one can get at you and just spam out sniper shots for the whole game, but anyone who comes and kills you there is a dick. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Reloads a bitch, but it's great when it happens to the other person :D

• Advertisement

Got my EOD bot kill last night finally, trapped some dude on one of those staircases on Metro and burnt him up good.

Started using the M-Tar straight away and **** me, what a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I just absolutely love getting on Kharg and some hot shot air support think their the dogs balls , switch up to support and hike the mountains to drop a ammo box. Suicide and back up there with my anti air engineer and troll the hell outta 'em for the entire game!

Why stress and rage quit when you can so much more enjoyment harassing them the entire game long!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Got into 2 great games with my squad tonight. TDM on Tehran and Caspian.
    Broke my killing spree record twice 44-1 and 49-1.

Bit on a jerk tactic but i basically found my hidey hole on both maps, threw down an ammo box, suicide then MAV the enemy. Enemy at probably the worst group i've ever had to play against. Clustering up together and camping out in the open meaning squad snipe and suppress them while i mav from behind :D

Playing Rush on Metro last night, defending on the second last set of M-Coms. Attackers doing the usual thing of trying the front escalators, then the back ones, then the left stairs. We had T-ugs all over the place and I noticed they were all lumped up at the left stairs, ran down the back escalators and came up behind them.

I had my Pecheneg and just unleashed on them and NO ONE TURNED AROUND! Had no idea where they thought they were getting shot from but 8 guys just stood there and got shot in the back.

The next round was Rush on Sharqi and I RPG'd their little bird out of the sky 4 times, robbed it off them twice and when they were trying to get the last B M-Com in the tower I managed to RPG a guy who was sniping on the crane from the roof of the tower.

Nice to see the endless hours spent on this game since I picked it up are paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I know I know metro story again but...

if you get a server on there thats well admined (sp?) and kicks for explosives you can get some very good games.

Playing last night as the yanks and it was all push push push no getting stuck at stairs or corridors (well a bit but it was always moving never static) team was chatting on the chat window and working well together. we got stuck at the ticket hall, they held the small room near the side exit and it was a death trap really,

I seen on the chat that they needed help over there so my squad was on the right and switched to the left to help. 2 of my squad lay down supressing fire on the exit while i ran across the corridor with my pistol jumping into the room and killing the 3 that were in there, ended up with 4% health, i hit the deck and covered the sides till we managed to get a few lads in. We then started working on the snipers near the main entrance (i love my pkp!) and got a few allowing the left hand side to press forward and with cover from the room and the corner we were able to get to the doors on the left.

With the constant distraction to the enemy on the left and at the back i was able to tell the rest of the team to push around the towards the right hand door around those kill corners.

just as we were breaking out into the light pushing to get A time ran out...

sigh

when things like that happen and you and your squad and other squads work together and communicate it really is a game changer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Had fun with c4 last night. Threw it on a jeep and drove around karg island. Took out a transport and a tank in one go. I actually got a message sent to me in german from someone on the other team. I googled it and it wasn't very complimentary. :)

Same game, I'd captured a flag and drove off, only to see it going back to the other team. I couldn't see where the guy was, but a tank spawned. I placed c4 on the tank and waited. Sure enough, they took the bait. Boooom. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

115,000 on a round of Seine last night. 200% tickets.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/53415900/2/291942801/

The double XP is mental.

yeah a week of it is to much especially so fecking soon after the last one

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

omg Spas-12 + flechette + extended mag + close quarters makes for quite a lot of fun :D Reminds of of Quake World deathmatches in a lot of ways :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So I found a shotgun/pistol/knife only 16 v 16 server and now the SPAS-12 is my second highest kill-count gun :D Finally getting some Recon levels too, the drone and laser designator will be handy in proper big games. Slug headshots taking out snipers across the other side of the map is hilarious fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Going gunner with 1handclapping in the heli last night and he sweeps down low by "A" on caspian and next thing both of us are dead. We didn't crash, somehow clapping set off a landmine. never seen that before.

Playing a game of Squad Deathmatch (doing that fooking assignment). It's late in the game and I spawn in and instantly get tagged by a Col.100 (he had obviously been running after the guy I spawn in on). After a few mins the game ends, I need some food so exit out, then I get a message from the guy "Got your ****ing tags you stupid noob".

Now, fair play to anyone who gets my tags...but bragging off a spawn tagging? Hell no.

I log back into the server and he is still there so I tag the prick 4 times before the end of the game.

Don't poke the bear mate.

I've found my flavour of the week and it's playing Aggressive Recon. SKS, 4x Scope and Silencer, T-ugs, Beacon and Silenced G18. Spending most of my games just running in behind the enemy and then capping them one at a time, easily racking up 10-15 kills before they can find me.

Working really well on Rush when defending, the other teams seemed to find it very difficult to get a solid attack going with me constantly poking and prodding at them. My favourite moment came on Metro when I got in behind them in the narrow high tunnel on the left, let fly one bullet and got a triple headshot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I have settled on Oman conquest for crossing off alot of the new premium assignments, throwing mines for jeeps to find and then hunting aircraft with an RPG, owned some guy in the F35 twice :D
    Also a nice super long ranger to a transport heli some campers were landing on the far off hotel, transport helis need two hits :pac:

Have been robbed of some AT mine kills by the glitch where they show as a tank if your in one though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Javelin counts towards those AT rocket assignments, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Javelin counts towards those AT rocket assignments, right?
    I think it does but I havn't tried it out, with tanks spamming smoke all the time I've gone back to RPG/SMAW.

On that note anybody else want the option to use the RPG for US aswell?
    I find it much nicer to use than the SMAW.

I've found my flavour of the week and it's playing Aggressive Recon. SKS, 4x Scope and Silencer, T-ugs, Beacon and Silenced G18. Spending most of my games just running in behind the enemy and then capping them one at a time, easily racking up 10-15 kills before they can find me.

I'm slowly but surely getting there trying the same idea as this, its just a matter of finding the right gun to suit me for it and trying to get rid of the poxy iron sights on the QBO-88. although the SKS had a much nicer sight it lacked the stopping power it seemed or maybe it was me being terrible at the start.

I just unlocked the MK11 and its fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

danniemcq wrote: »
    I'm slowly but surely getting there trying the same idea as this, its just a matter of finding the right gun to suit me for it and trying to get rid of the poxy iron sights on the QBO-88. although the SKS had a much nicer sight it lacked the stopping power it seemed or maybe it was me being terrible at the start.

Try the M417, packs a seriously powerful wallop for a recon weapon. With it being a battle rifle in similar vein to the SKS, the kick back is a bit higher so if you're ADSing (iron sight is pretty nice tbh) you'll have to wait until the gun steadies itself before firing the next shot.

However, despite this, the gun is an absolute monster when hip-firing with the laser sight equipped. I've won duels in CQB against assault rifles, carbines and lmgs.

Its a great all rounder at most ranges except the more extreme range where its kickback can lead to a long wait for a follow-up shot. But then, if you're using a battle rifle as a sniper rifle a-la the M98B, SV98, L96 etc, you're using it wrong.

hmmm must give it a go this evening.Jeez it must be nearly a week since i've been on. thats wayyyyy to long!

I like the SKS for Maps like Bazzar and Metro...you can be patient and open up on a guy when he is moving away from cover. It does take a few hits to bring someone down unless you are right on top of them though, so you need to catch them on the hop. The best thing is when it's silenced, the first shot tends to make people look at the minimap rather than move, as they could just end up moving into more fire...so you have that half second to nail them.

One thing I have found about the SKS is it allows me to pick off damaged players incredibly easily. Take an overwatch position when defending an objective with a couple of Team Mates ahead of you and you'll rack up the kills.

I was messing around with the L96, Straight Pull Bolt, Silencer and 4x yesterday. Definitely a lot of fun on the right map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

if any ones interested in playing server is set up My pen is UltrFlat if you add me ill make sure to add you to vip :)
    other then that really having fun blown up tanks il like tank busting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I was playing Rush on Damavand Peak a few days ago. I was on the defending team at the MCOM station where the attackers jump off the helipad and parachute down. I was on top of one of the buildings and managed to take out 3 attackers as they were parachuting dowm :D I was using the SVD sniper rifle with an ACOG 4x scope. It was class.

Last night I was playing conquest on Gulf of Oman (Back to Karkand pack). Serious sniper game going on between the 2 teams. Me and a squad mate parachuted on the top of the construction site and noted 2 snipers on the building to the rear of the flag point c. These are 2 buildings with a swimming pool to the rear of one of them. My squad mate kept on getting taken out and I got hit once too. I sent the MAV over the building where the 2 other snipers were... it upset them as I hovered really close and eventually they got up from prone position trying to shoot my MAV and my squad mate took put the crosshairs on them and took them out. We could then focus and on covering the flags..

I went and played a few games with this today. What a gun! Serious power for a semi auto sniper rifle, hip fires like a beast as well.

I ran into a room with 3 dudes in it earlier and dropped them all firing from the hip...and I never hip fire. Looking forward to getting a silencer for it and going full blown bastard with it.

I'm developed a new and fun game for those who Recon with a silencer on. If the defenders around an M-Com are doing a good job of holding it and you want to draw some people off, set up a Spawn Beacon in a fairly stupid place. Make sure it's nice and open and should be easily found. Defenders will flood off the M-Com when one of them spots the beacon to take out the people they think are spawning in, which is nobody.

Meanwhile you have taken a nice overwatch position on the beacon and just rack up those corpses. I took out 7 dudes on Sharqi last night before they realised it was just one dude dropping them and the rest of my team had broken into the B room and set off the M-Com.

After a week of dedicated Recon playing I've noticed that you really can completely change the game with a cheeky tactic and a bit of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm developed a new and fun game for those who Recon with a silencer on. If the defenders around an M-Com are doing a good job of holding it and you want to draw some people off, set up a Spawn Beacon in a fairly stupid place. Make sure it's nice and open and should be easily found. Defenders will flood off the M-Com when one of them spots the beacon to take out the people they think are spawning in, which is nobody.

Meanwhile you have taken a nice overwatch position on the beacon and just rack up those corpses. I took out 7 dudes on Sharqi last night before they realised it was just one dude dropping them and the rest of my team had broken into the B room and set off the M-Com.

After a week of dedicated Recon playing I've noticed that you really can completely change the game with a cheeky tactic and a bit of luck.

I remember playing a Metro game a good while back, must be a month or two at this stage, but for the fact of the complete and utter stupidity of my team mates I'd have forgotten it had ever happened.

On the first phase, I was on the defending team. After several waves of failed attempts to plant the attackers decided to hold back a bit and maintain tickets. A few minutes later, an orange blob appears on my minimap out on the little island in the lake. Its a recon guy. After trying a few pot-shots, I give up as he's taking cover/out of sight/out of range and leave it to the recon guys on my team. But oh no! Not everyone on my team has that line of thinking.

Suddenly, a flux of 7/8 guys comes over to the shoreline to try and get him. Next thing you know, 'A' mcom has been planted. Do my team mates drop what they're doing and go for the objective? The hell they do! They're still standing, waiting for this one guy to pop his head up. Moments later 'B' is armed and now there's 5 people on top of it and 'A' almost gone.

The remaining guys on my team and I made a valiant attempt to go for both mcoms, but in the end we were overwhelmed and we lost them. As I respawned in the underground, I watched in joy as the killscreen lit up with those retards who were still waiting for one guy.

Never underestimate the power of distraction tactics.

Advertisement