Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I'm developed a new and fun game for those who Recon with a silencer on. If the defenders around an M-Com are doing a good job of holding it and you want to draw some people off, set up a Spawn Beacon in a fairly stupid place. Make sure it's nice and open and should be easily found. Defenders will flood off the M-Com when one of them spots the beacon to take out the people they think are spawning in, which is nobody.

Meanwhile you have taken a nice overwatch position on the beacon and just rack up those corpses. I took out 7 dudes on Sharqi last night before they realised it was just one dude dropping them and the rest of my team had broken into the B room and set off the M-Com.

After a week of dedicated Recon playing I've noticed that you really can completely change the game with a cheeky tactic and a bit of luck.

Ha that's quality Logical! I must give that a shot tonight..

I have been playing recon a bit the last week. I am using the bolt action SV98 and I unlocked the bipod. Makes a world of difference to my shot.

I was playing Gulf of Oman last night and there was a guy on top of one of the cranes launching mortars down onto the enemies trying to reclaim objective D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Veloce wrote: »
    I was playing Gulf of Oman last night and there was a guy on top of one of the cranes launching mortars down onto the enemies trying to reclaim objective D :D

Love that one I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Just finished the weapon camo assignments and it turns out you can equip them to your soldier aswell but only two are unlocked for US and two for RUS, not sure why dice didn't tell people that :confused:

Playing Rush on the Bazzar last night. One of the lads was driving a tank and had it parked on the site of the second B M-Com , just blasting the hell out of death alley. I was skulking around the tank with keeping the C4 monkeys off it and repairing it as it needed. Things got a little boring so I climbed up on top of the tank and proned out on top of it. My mate fired off the main gun and blame...I went flying.

Funny stuff, not quite as good as the slingshot launch off Damavand Peak but funny.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

More Jihad jeeps. Was following another enemy jeep, which crashed into an enemy tank. I aimed mine between and jumped out. Boooom :)

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    More Jihad jeeps. Was following another enemy jeep, which crashed into an enemy tank. I aimed mine between and jumped out. Boooom :)

Got a wicked Jihad Jeep on Wake Island over the weekend. Stuck 6 lumps of C4 to the front of it then went driving. Got a triple road kill, then ran over another dude, noticed their Amtrack and Tank were WAY too close together, put the jeep between the two of them and boom, killed 3 in the amtrack and 2 in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Gotta admit, while I've been playing Battlefield since it came out more often than not it breaks my heart with stupid decisions you see people making.

But tonight I stumbled into one of the most enjoyable games I've had in ages - I came in probably about half way through, our team trailing by around 100 tickets - but the other team must have got preoccupied with kills over the objective because we leveled up the scores around 150 tickets each, holding 3 flags on Kharg (PS3), and pushing for the fourth, D, which we had for a little while.

But when that happened one squad on our team seemed to set up camp around C, and kept a soflam aimed in D's direction. Normally I'd be a bit miffed if the whole team wasn't pushing, but the plan worked, we took out maybe 6 or 7 of their tanks before they got a foothold on the map again.

And that's when the other team clicked into top gear - I can't think of a time when I've seen a more organised team. The took their tanks across the map in a pair, one advances and attacks at choke points, but with a clear straight line retreat path, while the other tank held back safe. Then when the point tank took even a little damage they switched positions, the rear tank got repaired, and they switched again.

It was around that point I glanced at the scoreboard, and saw that while my team was a bunch of randoms, at least 9 players on the other team were clanmates, and each one was colonel 100 rank.

We ebbed and flowed for a bit, took the lead around the 100 ticket mark, but they came back to level again at 53 tickets each, and they held 3 flags. The next time I checked the score it was 50-28 to them.

Then in a lucky gamble we retook A, while someone had gone to D on a rhib boat unnoticed - and the other team decided to send both tanks back to D - which led to us getting A,B and C with the scores around 18-8 to them, but we held them and won by 4 tickets.

Really fun game, no spawncamping (though I know there would have been if we lost all 4 flags for any duration), jets being useful with guided missiles on tanks, soflams to help the engies with javelins. The unlikely victory was the cherry on top.

I had to stop playing afterwards because I knew I wasn't going to enjoy the next one nearly as much. I even checked on Battlelog for the results of the games that clan had played prior to that one, it's not pretty reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Jesus well done 80% of the other team were level 100.

Playing seine the other night, after getting my number of mine kills for the scar-h challenge, i decided to place mines all around the square in such a way that each one would set off the other and went up into one of the buildings waiting for D to flash. Let it flash for a few seconds, popped my head out fired off the RPG and was rewarded with 4 bodies flying 30 feet in the air.

Playing on Kharg last night, a bit of Rush. We were defending and me and a buddy hopped in the tank and drove it down to the beach. We were messing them up pretty bad, kept shooting down their Heli and shot down there Jet with a tank shell twice because he kept trying runs at us from the front. My buddy then went 3rd seat and the rest of the team started popping Javelin's at anything that moved. They finally rammed the tank with a Jet from behind and killed us, but a few minutes later we robbed their LAV.

Nobody wanted it as a lot of people seem to feel that LAV's are crap, so I jumped in and spotted their Jet. From what I could tell it was the same dude all game, so I wanted some payback for the bitch move he pulled earlier. Switched to my wire guided missle, fired and tracked him and BOOM! One dead Jet.

Would have loved to have seen the look on his face.

Tied as "most awesome moment" from the game with shooting two guys out of the air with tank shells as they parachuted in after our tank respawned.

Conquest, on Gulf of Oman. I had been playing engineer and we had managed to take all objectives. I got killed and respawned as a recon. SV98 and MAV.

Thought I could help the team hold onto the objectives by placing myself up on one of the cranes. My spot at the end of the construction crane gave me clear shots of objective A and B (which are out in the desert open if you recall). The enemies kept trying to take objective A.

I had sniped the same guy 3 times... he obviously had enough. I was switching between MAV and Sniper Rifle and after killing him the third time I was flying around in the MAV. Noticed somebody climbing up the ladder on my crane! Jumped out of the MAV and got my silenced G17 pistol out on the ready. Took a quick peek down the ladder tunnel and see the smug head on this guy climbing up towards me. I let him get on top of the crane. He was obviously confused of my location on the crane (the killcam probably confused him) as he was looking down the other end of the crane. No sign of me. So he turns around and sees me lying there prone... he must have panicked or something as he didn't even get a round discharged as I riddled him with 4 pistol bullets :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Going throught the new assignments and only have a few left to get, one of which is the "Destroy 25 Vehicles with C4".

So i decided to jump on last night and ended up on CQ on Firestorm so though ah sure ill give it a go. I ended up at the end of the game with 21 Vehicles destroyed. I was planting on tanks and running away in case they noticed there was now C4 on their tank to see them hop out and look about but as soon as they got back in i blew them sky high. I had so much fun doing it that when they had all objectives i took the Heli for a rampage, got a couple of shots away and was hit with 2 missiles so jumped out above A, seeing the tank under me i switched to C4 and dropped it, still floating my way down to earth and I blow the C4 got a kill and vehicle destroy and was delighted only to have the tank run over me when i touched down.... ended up the c4 got attached to an enemy plane haha

Playing last night, attacking on Sharqi. Running towards the M-Com when this dude rounds the corner in front of me. I have an M27 and he has an AEK. We unleash on each other while bopping about a bit. Both still alive. Switch to side arms, unleash, bop about, both still alive. He goes to reload his main, I reload my side arm. Two more empty clips, both still alive.

By this point I am breaking my **** laughing. We switch to knives, get a slice of each other. Go back to side arms, miss completely.

By now I'm laughing almost too much to stay taking part in our little dance so I take out some C4, drop it and click. Both of us dead.

About 5 mins later I get a message off the dude saying it's the funniest **** to have happened to him in the game...he also pointed out that we were both dancing about on top of Med packs. I didn't even notice them. :D

Playing last night, attacking on Sharqi. Running towards the M-Com when this dude rounds the corner in front of me. I have an M27 and he has an AEK. We unleash on each other while bopping about a bit. Both still alive. Switch to side arms, unleash, bop about, both still alive. He goes to reload his main, I reload my side arm. Two more empty clips, both still alive.

By this point I am breaking my **** laughing. We switch to knives, get a slice of each other. Go back to side arms, miss completely.

By now I'm laughing almost too much to stay taking part in our little dance so I take out some C4, drop it and click. Both of us dead.

About 5 mins later I get a message off the dude saying it's the funniest **** to have happened to him in the game...he also pointed out that we were both dancing about on top of Med packs. I didn't even notice them. :D

I LOL at that :D

Veloce wrote: »
    I LOL at that :D

It was an epic union of terrible aiming. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Playing conquest on Firestorm the other night, our team were not playing objectives so myself and a buddy jump in a growler and head off on a mission. So there we are capturing Army Outpost and feeling a bit exposed when in flies a friendly Viper. With its nose pointing towards us it does this perfect 360 around us - throwing dust everywhere with us at the center of the storm. Point captured and off it flies guns blazing. Stunning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Just shot a helicopter pilot mid flight :D first time :D

Load into a game of Rush on Wake Island last night. In a random squad so I spawn into the Amtrack which is right on A, run in and clear it out with my MP7, arm the M-Com, take a position and start mowing down the guys running in to defend. Some smurf runs in and stands RIGHT in front of me so I say "Max, get the hell out of the way" on the auld teamspeak.

One of the lads in my squad takes offence and tells me to **** my mother. I ask him is his name max, is he standing in front of me? No? Then I wasn't talking to him so he can go about his business. The 3 dudes in the squad all know each other and start giving me dogs abuse...despite the fact that I wasn't talking to any of them and was pretty polite anyways.

So the game rolls on, I take 4 of the M-Coms and finish 22-2. The whole way through the game the lads are giving me grief, telling me I am a **** player, I am lucky I am on their team etc etc. They are the bottom 3 players on our team at the end of the game, I am the MVP.

I jump teams in the next game with one mission in mind, wreck those 3 pricks. I find them in a tank and I C4 it. I track them down on the ground and tag them, at one point I find them hiding in a corner, climb up over them and drop a C4, boom. Squad wipe. These dudes basically cannot turn around for the whole game without me being there. I find the lads who play Battlefield and use comms are mostly alright, but every now and then I run into a couple of assholes and I love wrecking there ****.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Is there any particular strategy to hunting down individual players?
    I know you can see their names when you have them in your sights but do you have to go all sneaky, maybe bring out a MAV?
    Just wondering as one of my friends has an uncanny ability to find me whenever we get split up but usually ends with him trying to throw a jet at me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I know you can see their names when you have them in your sights but do you have to go all sneaky, maybe bring out a MAV?
    Just wondering as one of my friends has an uncanny ability to find me whenever we get split up but usually ends with him trying to throw a jet at me :D

If I'm trying to kill a specific player I usually take out a MAV and direct my mate onto him. Works a charm, especially if you distract them with the MAV so that your mate can tag them. *Evil laugh*

I have the advantage in that I am rarely in a game without a full squad, if not a full team, of people I know. So I just put the word out "I am looking for XYZ player" and everyone lets me know where they are. If I am on my own I just hunt, all players have patterns that they tend to follow over and over again.

We can get pretty cruel at times. I play with dudes from all over the world and one night this dude started calling two of my American buddies "****". We thought that was a bit much so dedicated the whole game to destroying the guy. The admin who is a friend wanted to kick him for racist speak but we just moved him to the other team. We basically just endlessly hunted him down and knifed him, C4'd him, dropped mines near him and then blew them up, road killed him with Heli's and Jets. At one point I snuck up on him as he was sniping, sent him a PSN message saying "I'm behind you", waited till he started to get up and then knifed him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

was on a 1000 ticket server last night and i get killed by this guy MelTamariz , didnt take any notice till i saw his tags in the kill cam , and notice he has DICE Approved dogtags (only 27 guys worldwide with these) so i went on a kamikaze jihad pretty much knifeing the entire enemy team , 11 melee ribbons and a melee medal later with 25 tickets remaining i tag him :D sooo worth it :D

this is the tag

communitydogtag.png?v=6863b

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nice! I wonder what he got it for...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

was on a 1000 ticket server last night and i get killed by this guy MelTamariz , didnt take any notice till i saw his tags in the kill cam , and notice he has DICE Approved dogtags (only 27 guys worldwide with these) so i went on a kamikaze jihad pretty much knifeing the entire enemy team , 11 melee ribbons and a melee medal later with 25 tickets remaining i tag him :D sooo worth it :D

this is the tag

If we kill you now do we get it ?

If so,.....everyone form an orderly queue, knifes at the read ....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

this is the tag

Embarrassing how jealous of that I am.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Was on a 64 man game of Metro last night which banned Explosives and Sniping - CRAZY intense game, but quite enjoyable - Syco was there too. I ended up with about 3% accuracy I think cause I spent a LOT of time laying down covering fire with my M249 (thank you extended mag) and getting suppression assists up the yazoo :)

Definitely a fun way to play Metro, really tight scraps for every inch of space around B for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Shiminay wrote: »
    Was on a 64 man game of Metro last night which banned Explosives and Sniping - CRAZY intense game, but quite enjoyable - Syco was there too. I ended up with about 3% accuracy I think cause I spent a LOT of time laying down covering fire with my M249 (thank you extended mag) and getting suppression assists up the yazoo :)

Definitely a fun way to play Metro, really tight scraps for every inch of space around B for the duration.

yeah metro with no expolives suddenly make the game a whole lot better.

it becomes way more intense and suddenly one lucky move or plan works and that push feels so good....

that line turned out a lot more ummmm dirty than i planned

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I find enabling friendly fire on Metro works wonders too.

Logged on to BF3 earlier and all my mates are in one game. I join them but am sad to see it's on a server I have recently decided to stop playing on. I noticed in the last few matches I played there the Admins making some dubious kick and move decisions, I'd normally be on there team so decided I didn't want to win that way. I'd not told anyone as we used to play with them regularly and were fairly friendly with them.

I decide I'll load in, tell the lads I have decided not to play the server anymore and hop off. When I do one of the lads tells me it's the last game any of us will play on the server! Drama, it had been unfolding.

One of our new Clan members is (or was should I say) an Admin on the server. He is a really cool lad and I never noticed him doing anything dodgey so I gave him the thumbs up to join the clan. Happy to have him. As soon as the other guys noticed his Clan tags they removed him as an Admin! The match I loaded into was literally all my Clan versus their top players, it seems they wanted to try and put a spanking on us, let us know who was boss kind of thing.

I say "**** this, I'm in", grab my MP7 and some C4 and hit the mean streets of Paris for some Rush action on Seine Crossing. We all reckon it's complete bull**** that they would kick the chap as an Admin just because he joined us, we are also a bit insulted that our clan was good enough to stack up their group (they are not a clan, just a bunch of lads with their own server) but having one of us as an Admin is not on.

These dudes are doing everything they can to stop us, stealing the LAV, camping in our spawn area...the whole show. But we are putting a hurting on them. M-Com after M-Com falls and they start to get desperate. At one point I am running for the LAV when I spot two of their guys going for it, I gun them both down and jump in the LAV, start to drive off and boom...KILLED BY ADMIN! One of them shows up and snatches the LAV.

I didn't think they would so blatantly show their hand but I guess the veil had slipped from ours eyes and they figured they had nothing to lose. We now had them pegged for petty, cheating bastards afterall.

Their main guy keeps coming after me, trying to tag me. I put him down 7 times, then a mate tags him, then I tag him. Then he robs the LAV and we C4 it. I know this chap pretty well, and I know he likes to portray himself as a great player. He once again goes for the LAV and once again I put him down.

Send him a message on the PSN "You just can't seem to get to that LAV mate."

Reply "**** you."

By now we are on the last B M-Com and we are just toying with them. We run in in 3's and 4's, drop them all, stand near the M-Com but don't arm it. Wait for them all to come back and just drop them again. Our whole team is in on the M-Com and they just can't get in the room.Eventually we tire of the cat and mouse games, arm the M-Coms and celebrate our victory.

The only thing that surprised us was they didn't outright kick us off the server but victory has never tasted so sweet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Logged on to BF3 earlier and all my mates are in one game. I join them but am sad to see it's on a server I have recently decided to stop playing on. I noticed in the last few matches I played there the Admins making some dubious kick and move decisions, I'd normally be on there team so decided I didn't want to win that way. I'd not told anyone as we used to play with them regularly and were fairly friendly with them.

I decide I'll load in, tell the lads I have decided not to play the server anymore and hop off. When I do one of the lads tells me it's the last game any of us will play on the server! Drama, it had been unfolding.

One of our new Clan members is (or was should I say) an Admin on the server. He is a really cool lad and I never noticed him doing anything dodgey so I gave him the thumbs up to join the clan. Happy to have him. As soon as the other guys noticed his Clan tags they removed him as an Admin! The match I loaded into was literally all my Clan versus their top players, it seems they wanted to try and put a spanking on us, let us know who was boss kind of thing.

I say "**** this, I'm in", grab my MP7 and some C4 and hit the mean streets of Paris for some Rush action on Seine Crossing. We all reckon it's complete bull**** that they would kick the chap as an Admin just because he joined us, we are also a bit insulted that our clan was good enough to stack up their group (they are not a clan, just a bunch of lads with their own server) but having one of us as an Admin is not on.

These dudes are doing everything they can to stop us, stealing the LAV, camping in our spawn area...the whole show. But we are putting a hurting on them. M-Com after M-Com falls and they start to get desperate. At one point I am running for the LAV when I spot two of their guys going for it, I gun them both down and jump in the LAV, start to drive off and boom...KILLED BY ADMIN! One of them shows up and snatches the LAV.

I didn't think they would so blatantly show their hand but I guess the veil had slipped from ours eyes and they figured they had nothing to lose. We now had them pegged for petty, cheating bastards afterall.

Their main guy keeps coming after me, trying to tag me. I put him down 7 times, then a mate tags him, then I tag him. Then he robs the LAV and we C4 it. I know this chap pretty well, and I know he likes to portray himself as a great player. He once again goes for the LAV and once again I put him down.

Send him a message on the PSN "You just can't seem to get to that LAV mate."

Reply "**** you."

By now we are on the last B M-Com and we are just toying with them. We run in in 3's and 4's, drop them all, stand near the M-Com but don't arm it. Wait for them all to come back and just drop them again. Our whole team is in on the M-Com and they just can't get in the room.Eventually we tire of the cat and mouse games, arm the M-Coms and celebrate our victory.

The only thing that surprised us was they didn't outright kick us off the server but victory has never tasted so sweet.:D

Tripe like 50 shades and Twilight gets sales and THIS doesnt! Order me a paperback please. :)

• Advertisement

So after yesterdays shenanigans one of the lads decided to get a server for a week so we can trial it out, see what its like to be an Admin and see if the power goes to our head.

It was good fun last night, the server was full and people seemed to be having a lot of fun. No bull**** from us as Admins either, we kicked one dude for being a racist dickhead and that was it.

One thing I have noticed is that it's hard to find answers to questions on the official sites, so I gotta wait till the dude who paid for the server comes on to find out if we can switch between having the hud and minimap on and off....mainly because if we can switch I'll most likely rent a server for 3 months in order to get some cinematics done.

Anyway, if I do go for a long rental on a server I'll let you guys know (it'll be a PS3 server obviously).

Edit : I am such a dumbass, just found the screen to change all those settings. D'oh!

Advertisement