Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Have all the weapons and camos unlocked now for a few weeks including only for the faithful so decided to try some of the little used guns of mine - the mk417 DMR . Always seemed to be fairly powerful when I was on the receiving end but using it myself I cant see how I was getting one hit killed with it consistently on different servers? The suppression effect kills it and any way spamming the trigger makes it useless from feet away.

Decided to approximate a battle rifle from the mod11 , now thats a seriously fun battle rifle, reasonable ROF, high damage, good range, doesnt buckle under suppression. Having a lot of fun playing conservative mid range recon ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Try putting a Rifle scope on the AN-94 as Assault. On single shot it is a lot of fun to snipe with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Finally got mvp today :)

After trying so long and always getting 2nd or 3rd, delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Just had a lovely game there on bazaar, was on defense with the l85a2 and kept running circles around the block where B is. Would get behind the enemy bunched at the doorway leading to be and unload killing 4 or 5 at a time then reload on the way back around... rinse and repeat. Ended 31/4.

I cant put my finger on it but I love the lateral gameplay support class gives. Heavy barrel mag fed LMG with C4 gives you a large mag, range and accuracy of an assault rifle, c4 to take down vehicles and the ability to create trenches in the environment / open new routes for the team. All with infinite ammo to hold a critical point if needed. It really is the jack of all trades (master of none) but when your not playing with a team you know the ability to take any situation on the fly with your class is a huge advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Beautiful game on Metro last night. Not my favourite map at all but it just worked for me this time. Playing on the US side we had C and B and were holding them at all three doorways into the train station. I had one death at the beginning so decided to go Recon and try slip around. Ended up getting pinned down in that first room on the left when you come in the doorway closest to B. Had my new favourite weapon, the PDW and started taking them out as they were coming in from both sides. Quickly ran out of ammo so grabbed an assault kit off a fallen enemy who'd tried to knife me. He had an AEK I think, with and underslung grenade launcher. Racked up a few more kills with that, still holding in that room. Ran out of ammo on that then as well so grabbed a Support kit from another slaughtered enemy and that's where the fun really began.

My team mate jumped into the room with me and watched my back while I went prone, set up the bipod and started laying down some serious suppressive fire on the front door of the train station. From then on all I remember is a blur of flying led and bodies, but when I eventually did die for only the second time I noticed I was on a kill/death of 28/2. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

was on a 1000 ticket server last night and i get killed by this guy MelTamariz , didnt take any notice till i saw his tags in the kill cam , and notice he has DICE Approved dogtags (only 27 guys worldwide with these) so i went on a kamikaze jihad pretty much knifeing the entire enemy team , 11 melee ribbons and a melee medal later with 25 tickets remaining i tag him :D sooo worth it :D

this is the tag

communitydogtag.png?v=6863b
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    If we kill you now do we get it ?

If so,.....everyone form an orderly queue, knifes at the read ....:rolleyes:

EH no no you dont , so shag off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Just had a really fun game on Siene there. We as a team got hammered tickets wise on CQ.

I took it upon myself to take a flag and defend as long as I could. I had the back street for an age on my own without giving it up. They were throwing everything at me and I repelled :D

I was using a range of LMGs and the MPK5 yoke. I sat in the building to the left of the archway coming into the flag and made my defence from there.

The fun I had on the top floor killing guys, then I see a guy come in the door, so I jump down onto the next floor and see him hunting me up the stairs. A handy dog tag.Done this about 4 times, don't think they could understand how I was doing it.

I also took out there tank about 4 times with C4 on my own.

Came out of the round with highest award score of 33200 thanks to 3 medals, 41000 altogether.

Rush on Firestorm. I'm in the jet. Shoot down their jet, rape two tanks, do an infy run. All the while my lads are pushing in to take those M-Coms. We get one and are about half way through the tickets.

I get a message from a guy telling me to bail out of the jet, he wants to fly it and if I don't he will kick me.

The thing is it's my server. I send him back a message saying "Go for it, kick me if you can".

He sends one back saying "I am not messing, bail out or get banned". I send him back a message saying I will it back to the base, land it and he can he have it. He sends me back a message saying "cool, I would have banned you otherwise".

I go back, land, jump out, he jumps in and ..... I kick him.

Send him a message saying "Don't **** with an Admin on his own server dumbass", back into the jet and back to tank smashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I Just got kicked and banned for stabbing an admin :(

also my load out on medic class keeps changing :mad:

Snowie wrote: »
    I Just got kicked and banned for stabbing an admin :(

also my load out on medic class keeps changing :mad:

Haha wrong thread Snowie :)

Finally unlocked the sig and g3 today, by only playing the first 2 co-op missions because my ps3 keeps freezing on the 3rd one! Happy to have all the co-op guns unlocked now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm loving the Magnum at the moment and I'm playing a lot of TDM on this server. Its taken a while to get used to it, but once you get a feel for the Magnum you can get some incredible distant kills. Very rewarding.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I go back, land, jump out, he jumps in and ..... I kick him.

Send him a message saying "Don't **** with an Admin on his own server dumbass", back into the jet and back to tank smashing.

.... and with that, Logical Fallacy became "The Enemy." Are you proud? Is your mother proud? :p:pac::D

Shiminay wrote: »
    .... and with that, Logical Fallacy became "The Enemy." Are you proud? Is your mother proud? :p:pac::D

I reckon my mother would slap me in the head if she knew I had spent 60 bucks just for a place to play a game I had already spent 100 quid on. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I reckon my mother would slap me in the head if she knew I had spent 60 bucks just for a place to play a game I had already spent 100 quid on. lol

Go out side and play in the fresh air until your dinner is ready leave that fecking internet thingy alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Playing B2K for the first with some Boardsie clan mates, we're up by B on the Gulf of Oman map and we spot a tank down towards the beach with both rocket barrels pointing at us. I take the right path and him the left, we both snake towards it and it doesn't know who to go for I end up dying and he takes it out with C4. Pissing our holes laughing via chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Playing B2K for the first with some Boardsie clan mates, we're up by B on the Gulf of Oman map and we spot a tank down towards the beach with both rocket barrels pointing at us. I take the right path and him the left, we both snake towards it and it doesn't know who to go for I end up dying and he takes it out with C4. Pissing our holes laughing via chat.

It was a good example of what teamwork can accomplish. It was glorious.

8 of us on the server earlier just messing around and mostly just talking rather than playing. We decided to have a de-fib only round of Rush. Towards the end we went Repair tool only and then to top it off we had a big de-fib/repair tool fight in the smoke.

Hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I was playing a large conquest on Seine Crossing last night. 600 tickets and my team gradually grinds the other team back and caps all the points. Mostly due to good tank play and crossing the river under the bridges instead of trying to push C flag.
    With about 300 tickets left the enemy team can barely get to A flag to try to recapture and it looks like it will be a boring spawn rape fest until the end.

An admin pops up and asks the winning team if it would be ok if he nuked them to allow the losing team to recapture a flag or two and make a game of it. Some of the better players on the winning team say ok amid a chorus of baddies saying no.
    Admin nukes our team, losing side escapes spawn, steal our tank (driver was nuked), caps A, B and C.
    This results in the final 200 tickets of a great game, lots of battles over C and E. Lots of ninja river crossings and beacons. More servers and admins need to nuke spawn raping teams back to their spawns to make the games better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Lafortezza wrote: »
    I was playing a large conquest on Seine Crossing last night. 600 tickets and my team gradually grinds the other team back and caps all the points. Mostly due to good tank play and crossing the river under the bridges instead of trying to push C flag.
    With about 300 tickets left the enemy team can barely get to A flag to try to recapture and it looks like it will be a boring spawn rape fest until the end.

An admin pops up and asks the winning team if it would be ok if he nuked them to allow the losing team to recapture a flag or two and make a game of it. Some of the better players on the winning team say ok amid a chorus of baddies saying no.
    Admin nukes our team, losing side escapes spawn, steal our tank (driver was nuked), caps A, B and C.
    This results in the final 200 tickets of a great game, lots of battles over C and E. Lots of ninja river crossings and beacons. More servers and admins need to nuke spawn raping teams back to their spawns to make the games better.

I didn't even know they had an option to nuke the enemy team.. Sounds like there are some rare quality admins out there..

I'm actually surprised the people on your team that said NO to the admin leveling the playing field stayed around to finish the game off..

hypermuse wrote: »
    I didn't even know they had an option to nuke the enemy team.. Sounds like there are some rare quality admins out there..

I'm actually surprised the people on your team that said NO to the admin leveling the playing field stayed around to finish the game off..
    I think its part of an admin plug-in on the PC. Let you manually nuke people, kick/ban etc.
    The people who said no to the nuke are usually the type who worry about k:d and their win ratio. They are more than happy to sit in a corner sniping at spawn or spamming rockets or mortars for easy kills.
    I was most surprised about the admin asking the players if they would object the nuke. Most of the players on the winning team knew they had a massive ticket lead and would win anyway, so might as well make it slightly interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Great round on Craggy tonight with a few of the lads. Running around Kharg with L96 popping the heads off each other getting those stupid assignments.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Talk about a good day at the office. I've just had the most intense round that I can remember and am absolutely wrecked. TDM on Noshahar Canals and I know its not the most skill heavy type of round in BF3, but having put a bit of time into it recently, when you get rounds like this its very rewarding. Tickets were always within 30 or so, so no clear winner until the end. I hope Mother Russia is proud!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/41306072/1/372259630/

It must have been a good night all round. Just had two epic game on Rush on Karkand. Defending in the first round, twice we got them down to zero tickets with the M-Com going off and just couldn't get the bodies on it to disarm. Down to the last set, then the last M-Com, cutting the down as best we can and once again they get it the arm with 1 ticket, it's zero and we are frantic to disarm and boom...we get it! We didn't even know if we had won until the screen came up it was that close. Both teams played well and played clever and it was awesome.

Then it rolls round to us attacking and I think we had broken them a little bit on the last round because we just rolled forward hard and took them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

5uspect wrote: »
    Great round on Craggy tonight with a few of the lads. Running around Kharg with L96 popping the heads off each other getting those stupid assignments.

You could cut the tension with an ACB-90

Great games, after a bit of friendly sniping it got personal.

Played a bit of Jihad jeeping on Oman after with snails but didn't have much success (was late and was on 3rd home measure of whiskey (on a school night!!)) until I turned my hand to keeping the skies clear of low flying helis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Double kill with a kornet launcer on a viper, i let out a yelp when I finally got it. Had to do an s shape in the air to hit it, pure fluke really :D

Also got a double kill with the damn c-ram yoke, my bf3 life is now complete :D

Finally got an eod bot kill. :)

Playing some CQ last night, on Ziba Tower. I get killed by some dude outside the map, then he kills a buddy of mine. We hit up Youtube and found out how to get out there and went hunting. 5 enemy team members are out there running around and we wipe them out, find their spawn beacons and take them out then hope back into the map again.

They obviously didn't like that as they are coming for us pretty hard. We decide to forego the objective and hole up on the balcony that runs between both wings. I have one side covered in C4, the other side has Claymore traps. We have a medic with us to keep us going. They come in waves and we just keep wiping them out. It's a long ticket game as well and they don't have the patience for it and all 5 of the glitching bastards quit out. lol

Finally got around to unlocking all guns, all classes and all attachments. So just about 300+ kills with each and every weapon.
    Bored in work so may as well give my recommendations.

Assault.
    M16A3 = best all round gun, doesn't have any weaknesses which explains why you see it being used so often.
    AEK and F2000 = My personal favourites. For some reason I can control the AEK recoil far more easily than the M16, the M16 recoil just feels more jumpy and random to me. F2000 doesn't feel as powerful as the two above but the recoil seems more controllable letting you get more bullets on target.

SCAR-L gets an honourable mention. The lower rate of fire and good accuracy means its great for med-long range shooting, recoil is easily controllable. If you practice with it, it's a headshot machine.

I don't think any of the assault guns are bad tbh, I even had success with the FAMAS (with foregrip and flash suppressor to control the crazy recoil.) Admittedly I was playing Grand Bazaar and Seine for alot of the FAMAS time.

Overall I prefer the faster rate-of-fire assault guns and I think people underestimate how important it can be. For close quarters fights its a huge bonus to have a fast firing gun, at med-long range the ability to use cover and less shots hitting their targets means it matters less which gun you use. Burst firing with the M16 is not far off equal in effectiveness to firing with the Scar-L or similar.

Loadout: Kobra, foregrip, heavy barrel on AEK.

Engineer.
    M4A1 seems to be the best all round, ACW-R is quite similar, feels slightly less powerful to me though.
    MTAR and A-91 are good for up close. SCAR-H for longer range, although the small magazine hinders it.

Loadout: M4A1, Kobra, foregrip, heavy barrel.

Support.
    PKP Pecheneg is a monster, either as a run and gun weapon or prone using a bipod, huge damage/suppression/ammo capacity.
    I was generally not a fan of most of the LMG's, they were so hard to use if you wanted to be mobile around the map, and even with the bipod deployed the bullet spread when firing was very frustating. I'd usually prefer to use a PDW when playing support.
    Mentions to the L86A2 and M60, both were fun to use and were great in the right situations for them.
    The LSAT and the T88 can go and ****e, I couldn't hit anything with them at all.

Loadout: PKP Pecheneg, (a) 3.4 scope, bipod, ext mag., (b) red dot sight, some combo of laser sight/foregrip/flash suppressor.

Recon
    M98B for long range bolt action (JNG90 2nd place), M417 for semi-auto "aggressive recon" (SKS 2nd place).
    I'm expecting the M417 to get a nerf in the next patch, it's just way too powerful. It is quick firing, recoil is not too bad and you get like 21 bullets before you need to reload. Even in close quarter battles it fires so fast that you don't auto die when facing assault weapons.
    The SVD is up there for worst gun in the game imo.

Loadout: M98B, 8x scope, straight pull bolt.
    M417, holo scope and laser sight.

PDWs
    MP7 all the way, AS VAL is a nice alternative. Stick laser sight and extended mags plus the sight of your choice and you win cq battles.
    M5k is brutally bad.

Shotguns
    870MCS or SPAS with slugs are my choice. I found the other shotguns to be pretty bad. I only got my Saiga unlocks by playing Team Deathmatch, i just couldn't get any kills on normal maps with it.

Handguns.44 Magnum or 93R all the way. Magnum kills are just way too satisfying and fun. 93R is like a mini assault rifle. Hard to say which is better since a lot of handgun choice is personal preference.

Best sounding guns: M416 and the JNG90

Just had my first game where I spawned into a Jet at the start of the game and was still in said Jet at the end. I even managed to rack up 8 kills, which is good going as everyone bails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Just had my first game where I spawned into a Jet at the start of the game and was still in said Jet at the end. I even managed to rack up 8 kills, which is good going as everyone bails.

Not the place to gripe, but that really bugs me. Eject/suicide shouldn't be an option after the vehicle is disabled - too late, screw you.

On a point of principle I always go down with my jet and try to land and repair it.

Advertisement