Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3] Sunshine & Lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

His clan tag was AA which was another clue. There should be a register for cheaters so we can harrass them in real life :)

Sorry for asking but why does AA indicate a cheater?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I dont want to advertise them but AA is the initials of a popular cheat engine. It was all over the BF3 battlelog forums back when BF3 was released. The clan yer man had joined may have been innocent but he knew what he was doing by having AA in his clan tag

I dont want to advertise them but AA is the initials of a popular cheat engine. It was all over the BF3 battlelog forums back when BF3 was released. The clan yer man had joined may have been innocent but he knew what he was doing by having AA in his clan tag

Oh ok, thanks :) I don't get why people would want to cheat though, it can hardly be as fun as playing properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Oh ok, thanks :) I don't get why people would want to cheat though, it can hardly be as fun as playing properly.

some people take immense pleasure from hearing people rage at them!!

I do alw2ays find it funny if you are beating someone hands down and they message you with abuse or accusing you of cheating! I think its hilarious so I'd imagine thats where they get their kick from..

Also a self inflated ego of awesomenessness of thinking they are great at the game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

there was a really good article a heap of pages back, i'll see if i can dig it up

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Sorry to be staying with this off topic topic ... I am continuing to watch his profile to see if he is kicked out of the Platoons he is in ....because you can be damn sure he would be kicked out of ours .

danniemcq wrote: »

Thanks for that, very interesting read. To stay on topic, playing armoured kill today and I knife a guy hiding in a forest. A few minutes later same guy knifes me back. Searched the whole map to find me, well played whoever you are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Playing on Timeless other night 64 man AK server and we won by 5 in one round, obivously noone left and we lost by 3 in the next round (600 tickets).

Actually reminded my of the god damn awesomeness of this game when played with like minded folk.

Would love an organised 64 man stlye battle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

With proper team/squad work this game could be unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

A few minutes later same guy knifes me back. Searched the whole map to find me, well played whoever you are :)

everybody takes that really personally . I will admit to hunting a few for knife kills , and also to hunting snipers for tags. Not sure why .just has to be done

must add loving the stinger In AK . i have started to inflict damage with this weapon of later.I like when ECM deflects it for a bit and then if the pilot has chosen the wrong evasive maneuvering direction , he locks back on and hits. Seen this a few times now . Didn't realize what was happening as the kill would pop up a good few seconds after I was sure I missed and had continued on my merry way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Playing some Close Quarters last night with 3 mates, all squaded up. Ended up on a high count ticket server, NO C4 of flags, no Shotguns. Fair enough we said.

It quickly becomes obvious the other Team are using both. A friend switches to a shotgun and gets kicked...it all becomes clear. The Admin wants that win and won't enforce rules for his own team. Fair enough. Our buddy joins back in and we all arm up. 4 Support Guys with C4, 3 shot guns and me with the silenced PKP. We C4 all 3 flags and the major hide spots on each Burn, sit back and wait. 2 Flags start to burn and we set off the C4, 7 kills. A few seconds later I see the 3rd flag start to burn so head there with my PKP, wait for the dude to run off the flag and follow him. 2 dudes spawn on him and I'm behind, still waiting. They meet up with the rest of their Team on Alpha, still unaware I have been stalking them. I unload with the PKP and drop the whole Team, by the time they are all down I have 2 rounds left on the chain and 1% health.

We all get kicked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

This is why I hate rented servers!

For some reason my favourite servers list was deleted.

When I put in -[dice]- all the servers are empty? whats that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

just select your gametype and or map and serach , plenty of Dice servers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Playing some TDM on Noshar - if you've played it you know how utterly mental that confined space can get. Realised that there is nothing more fun than spawning from a beacon, dropping all my C4 from the air whilst parachuting in and detonating just before landing scoring 7 kills with one detonation :D:D:D:D I laughed so hard I had to stop playing for a minute to catch my breath.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Going to comment on TDM on Noshar myself. First time playing it earlier. Absolutely loved it playing at 500% tickets, I was 50-11 using the 870 and top scoring by some distance... till the game froze.

But yeah despite that, have a craving to play more of it now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Your TDM on close quarters was how I first transitioned to BF3 from MW3.

The fast and furious style in the likes of noshahr, with no vehicles and only close quarters maps is incredibly addictive.

I've transitioned to other game types but after levelling up so much in TDMs and SQDMs I'm at an immediate disadvantage as I have SFA vehicle unlocks and generally speaking can't use them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I dunno who I saw from here on this server, but it's all i've played for the last month or so. Getting used to a map where you know it like the back of your hand is great, so you know where you'll always find someone, but when it's full up, it's complete mayhem!

When I first started with BF3, I honestly never thought I'd get to the point of topping a score sheet:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/44060887/1/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/43271644/1/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/41306072/1/

I'm at an immediate disadvantage as I have SFA vehicle unlocks and generally speaking can't use them.

I'm the same i find a lot of time slowly building up some unlocks for tanks and that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Personally think TDM is incredibly boring after 5 minutes, novalty wears off.

Rush on Metro as defender with 300% tickets. Inevitable defeat? NO, not in this game!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/65845086/4/278703154/

Some battle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I know people have been bitching about rush in AK but it has gotten me to warm up to sniping (my least used and least liked class) had a cracking round where I paradropped in with an assault squad mate behind enemy lines, he armed the MCOM and I covered it, then snuck down to the other MCOM and armed that one personnally and defended it with the 93R.

I normally hate sniping, especially on RUSH maps, but I actually really enjoyed that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I know people have been bitching about rush in AK but it has gotten me to warm up to sniping (my least used and least liked class) had a cracking round where I paradropped in with an assault squad mate behind enemy lines, he armed the MCOM and I covered it, then snuck down to the other MCOM and armed that one personnally and defended it with the 93R.

I normally hate sniping, especially on RUSH maps, but I actually really enjoyed that game.
    Good stuff!

Rush on Ak is alright if your attacking but defending can be a fecking nightmare.

Shot down two jets with smaws on gulf of Oman, great feeling!

Rush on Ak is alright if your attacking but defending can be a fecking nightmare.

the new patch seems to have helped a good bit though...I actually won a match on armoured shield as defence :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

the new patch seems to have helped a good bit though...I actually won a match on armoured shield as defence :o

That truly is a sunshine and lollipop moment :)

pics or gtfo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm finding the Rush and TDM far superior to Conquest on the AK maps. That's a complete reversal to how I feel about the various modes on any other maps. Conquest is just ****ing dull dull dull on the AK maps even with 64 players, if you don't have a vehicle there's just no play.

I'd urge anyone to give TDM a crack on the AK maps it actually really works, looks like a lot of work went into them. Armored Shield in particular is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

DapperGent wrote: »
    I'm finding the Rush and TDM far superior to Conquest on the AK maps. That's a complete reversal to how I feel about the various modes on any other maps. Conquest is just ****ing dull dull dull on the AK maps even with 64 players, if you don't have a vehicle there's just no play.

I'd urge anyone to give TDM a crack on the AK maps it actually really works, looks like a lot of work went into them. Armored Shield in particular is excellent.

Armoured Shield on a high ticket TDM is a lot of fun, by the end of the game most of map is just blown to hell.

At looooong last I can play assault as I want.

I am one of those obsessive compulsive sort of players who needs to unlock every gun and lvl them to a 100 kills each and then do every assignment associated with a class.

But tonight I finally did everything that can be done with assault so I can actually play with the gun I like and the role I enjoy rather then trying to fulfil some requirement ( with the g3a3 being the last one I had to do and a real pain to do too)

So Aug A3 with ACOG + M23 MASS shotgun = Very happy Blitz bouncing around Seine Crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

You know if you get 500 kills with a weapon you get another dogtag? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You know if you get 500 kills with a weapon you get another dogtag? :)

cache_fav-144.jpg

Advertisement